Beginner’s Guide: How to Install Netgear EX6100
Netgear EX6100 WiFi range extender helps in increasing the WiFi network distance by giving the existing WiFi signal a boost and intensifying the overall WiFi performance over long distances. If you have chosen EX6100 for the seamless internet experience, then first you need to install the device using the proper setup process.
This tutorial is intended to help users install their Netgear EX6100 with ease. Let’s take the plunge and start the Netgear EX6100 setup process.
Install Netgear EX6100 WiFi Extender
Before initiating the setup process, we recommend you to place your extender in the same room where your router is currently installed. However, close placement is required only during the configuration. Later, you can move the device to a new location as per your needs and requirements.
- Plug your EX6100 extender into a power outlet.
Note: Make sure the button on the WiFi device is set to the extender.
- Connect the extender to your existing router.
- Launch a web browser on a computer or mobile device.
- You will automatically be taken to the Netgear Genie Smart Setup page.
- If you are not directed to the page, you can follow the manual process.
- Visit mywifiext.net and hit Enter.
- Enter the default username and password and hit login to proceed further.
- Once done, select the network you want to extend and hit the Continue button.
- Now, you will be asked to enter the network password.
- Enter the details and click the Continue button.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the Netgear extender setup process.
Once done with the configuration of your Netgear EX6100 WiFi range extender, you can move it to a new location. Make sure the new location you choose for your extender must be in the range of your router.
Bonus Tip: Sometimes, the default web address is not allowing users to access the login page of their extender. If this is the case with you, we suggest you to try accessing the dashboard of your EX6100 using default IP 192.168.1.250.
Things to Keep in Mind After Netgear EX6100 Setup
To make the most of your device and enjoy flawless internet experience, there are certain points a user needs to have a tab on. Walkthrough the checkpoints below.
- Keep the firmware of your extender updated to the latest version. Doing so will help in enhancing the overall performance of your device as well as fix bugs (if any).
- Do not congest the network of your extender by connecting devices that are not in use.
- To keep your WiFi secure, make sure to change the default username and password of your extender once done with the completion of the setup. You are suggested to choose a strong yet memorable password.
- If you do not want to share the admin details of your WiFi with the guests visiting you, then better create a Guest network account.
- When you are not using the extender, give to some time to rest by turning it off or to save electricity.
Following the points given in this write-up, you will surely not face any problem in executing the Netgear EX6100 setup.
Just in case you stuck during any step, get in touch with us via comments for a solution to the problem you might be facing with your EX6100 extender.