If you own a business property, run an outdoor resort or manage a complex, one thing is clear, if there is a pond in the property or near the property, it is advisable to maintain its look. By installing a floating pond fountain, you not only make it more appealing but also helps keep the water fresh and pollution-free.
Why a Fountain?
If you live in an area, which is prone to prolonged months of warm weather, stagnant ponds can become a breeding ground for harmful elements and insects. Nobody loves to sit or walk near the pond if it is covered with thick green algae on top of the water. However, installing the fountain will help keep the water moving both above and below the surface. The aeration the water receives, the fewer chances of pollution are there.
Now, how to choose the right fountain for your pond? The answer is quite simple. Keep the following points when you are looking for the best floating pond fountain in the market.
1) What size floating fountain to choose?
The main thing to remember before buying a fountain is the pattern of the spray and how high you want it to be. The height of the spray should not be more than half the size of the pond. If the spray is too high, the pond could empty itself on a high windy day.
The shape and height of the water dictate the model and size of the motor.
2) Position of the fountain
Determine the position of the fountain and calculate the length of the cord that is needed to power the fountain. Make sure you consider the depth of the water as the power cord should drop down to the bottom and follow the slope up to get to the power outlet. If you are having trouble installing, you can always call a specialist for assistance.
3) Do you need lighting for the fountain or not?
Determine whether you would like your fountain to be equipped with a lighting system or not. Further away the fountain is positioned, the more light you would require in the kit.
Pond floating fountain induce circulation and add more dissolved oxygen throughout the waterbody, which helps reduce the damage caused by the stagnant water. These fountains are visually pleasing and they also work great for shallow symmetrically shaped ponds. The submerged aeration system releases dissolve oxygen directly into the water, increasing the amount of oxygen in deeper water bodies.
A high quality and properly sized aeration system is important for promoting a balanced ecosystem. These floating pond fountains are not only visually pleasing but also provides a lot of benefits in maintaining and improving the aquatic ecosystem.
These are some of the benefits of using Pond Aeration system:
1. Improves Water Quality: Due to oxygen deficiency, bottom sediments release noxious games and metal that causes many water quality problems. By using the aeration system, fresh dissolved oxygen is added to the waterbody that converts phosphorus into a form that is not usable by algae as food. Aeration system also mixes the algae spores into the parts of the pond, which denies sunlight and restricts their growth.
2. Removes odors: When the water is stagnant, there is a high amount of hydrogen sulfide gas produced that causes foul odors. As the bottom of the water mixes and becomes fresh and oxygenated, the odor-causing elements are eliminated, making the water fresh.
3. Enhances aquatic habitat: Stratification occurs when the change in the water temperature is caused by the different layers of water formed at different depths based on water densities. This thermal stratification results in depletion of oxygen, which cause an overall decline in the ecosystem efficiency and can lead to the death of many fishes. Aeration system disrupts the stratification, which creates a healthier habitat for fish and other aquatic organisms.
4. Decrease growth of mosquitos: Mosquitos require stagnant water for their eggs to develop into full-grown mosquitos. An aeration system creates a constant flow of water in the pond that helps reduce mosquitos breeding habitat. It also acts as a natural mosquito control system.
5. Reduces the accumulation of bottom sediment: Under low oxygen conditions, organic matter decomposes slowly, which leads to the buildup of bottom sediment in the water. A proper aeration system provides a continuous supply of fresh oxygen that helps reduce the overall accumulation of bottom sediment of the pond, preventing the need for future dredging.
A proper floating pond fountain makes your pond visually appealing and maintains the aquatic ecosystem at the same time. So, make sure you choose the right fountain for your pond.