Going natural is the new thumbs up in the fashion world and there is something alluring about it. With all the benefits it offers, it is always smart to opt for natural products rather than choosing the harsh chemical ones. If you are ready to shell out some extra bucks you may have the luxury of using the best of brands to have a long-lasting effect. But nevertheless, this luxury can be enjoyed within the premises of your home as well if you are opting for natural homemade remedies. The aim is to embrace nature instead of chemicals.
What is a face pack?
A face pack is a healing treatment for skin that makes your skin look better than before by resolving skin problems. It adds glow to the face and improves the overall look and feel of the skin. There are different types of face masks available in the market according to the skin type. Apart from that you can go the herbal way and make one for yourself at home as well. It is easy to apply and remove and do not take more than 20 minutes.
A good herbal pack provides necessary nutrients by penetrating into the skin and making it look better and brighter than before. It helps one get rid of many problems like wrinkles, skin dryness, dullness, acne, pimples and dark circles. It nourishes the skin from within and increases skin glow and fairness. The natural skin care products are good for any skin type and can be helpful in any skin problem.
Benefits of using a Face mask
- Nourishes the skin: It provides necessary nutrients to the skin that makes the skin look healthier and brighter. It does away with many skin problems like aging, wrinkles, skin dryness, dullness, acne, pimples and dark circles and many more.
- Cleanses the skin: It cleanses the skin from within by detoxifying it. It helps you get rid of impurities not only from the surface but from endodermis and removes dead cells that don’t allow your skin to breathe. Irrespective of the fact whether your skin is oily, dry or combination skin it cleans all the impurities.
- Unclog Pores: It helps in unclogging the pores as when you apply face mask is not only clean the surface of the skin but pulls out impurities that are trapped inside the pores.
- Relaxation: The face pack re-energizes the skin as the components in the mask make the skin calm and relaxed. The face pack acts as a healing component that improves the appearance of the skin and makes you feel good about yourself.
- Hydrate the skin: Our body comprises 70 percent of water and thus we take a lot of water throughout the day to keep our skin hydrated. Thus, cucumber, potato, banana, strawberry and the leaves of rosemary or mint are your best options that hydrate the skin so a face pack made of these will be of great help.
- Stops aging: As your skin comes in direct contact with the sun and changing weather it has to suffer a lot. All this causes your skin to droop down. The appearance of wrinkles, dark circles, and fine lines is the common result of sun exposure that makes the skin slowly lose its shine and looks dull. All this can be prevented with the use of the face mask as it promotes oxygenated blood circulation and also dilates the blood vessels making it soft and radiant.
- Help getting rid of acne and dark spots: Face masks helps a lot in keeping the dark spots and acne away. The face pack is the real companion of the skin and with the healing ingredients present in the pack it removes dirt, dark spots, heals acne, scars and avoids hyperpigmentation and sunburn as well.
Precautions to be taken while applying a face mask
- It would be better to take the opinion of the expert before applying any face mask as they suggest it according to your skin type.
- The duration for keeping the face mask on the skin should not exceed more than 20 minutes as it may have a reverse effect on the skin.
- Apply it only once a week.
- Do not scratch or peel dried mask as it may further damage the skin. Remove it with the help of water.
- Apply an ice cube after removing the face mask as it will help tighten the skin and close open pores.
- Never scrub your face vigorously for removing face pack or after removing it as it can result in fine lines, pimples or dark spots.
- It is better to stay away from heat or sun after the application of the face mask.
- Never apply face mask near the eye as the skin near the eye is very sensitive and prone to damage.
Benefits of using the herbal or natural face mask
There are several benefits of using a face mask but if it is herbal or natural then it is like icing on the cake. Going natural is even better when it comes to applying a face mask or any other beauty remedy. There are many merits of using a natural face pack and they are listed below.
- No skin irritation:
The skin products loaded with chemicals and harmful colors can cause several skin allergies, skin rashes, and scars. Especially if you have sensitive skin then you should be more cautious in applying any product to the skin. Natural cosmetic products act gently on the skin and give the required nourishment.
- It is free from toxic smell:
The products which have chemicals also carry a toxic fragrance that can be the cause of headache, sinus or migraine. These are the negative reactions that can be the result of using chemical-laden products. Instead, natural products are free from such side effects.
- No threat to internal organs:
The products that have chemicals can also be harmful to internal organs if they enter the bloodstream. This can be hazardous also to the body.
- Gives instant freshness:
The natural products give instant freshness as it rejuvenates and refreshes the skin to the core. So, it will be better to use natural products to nourish the skin.
- It is Eco-friendly:
The natural products are eco-friendly and do not harm the environment. On the other hand, their chemical products cause harm to the environment as well during their manufacturing.