Can you Find out who tried to Log into your Facebook?
Are you confused about how Facebook logins work or how to find out if someone has your password? If so, then you don’t need to worry too much about it because Facebook gives you the option to manage your current sessions.
Facebook tracks your every login and you can view a list and end a session if you don’t want to continue with that. Facebook even provides location data, browser used, last active time and date. And, you have the option to terminate any session that is not familiar.
And sometimes, Facebook may lock your account temporarily to avoid the unauthorized access to the platform. You don’t need to panic when your Facebook account temporarily locked because someone tried to access it without permission. You can report Facebook suspicious activity and terminate the active session as well.
In some cases, you may even need to change the Facebook account password to protect it from unauthorized access. Here are the steps you need to take to see who tried to log in to your Facebook account.
Check Facebook Login Status
It is very simple to check the current logged in details from the security page of the Facebook Settings. Here are the steps you need to take to view that:
- First, open a web browser and then enter facebook.com in the URL and press enter to open the website.
- Now, login to your Facebook account with the valid login credentials.
- After the login, you need to click on the little arrow mark on the top right corner of the Facebook Homepage and then click on the Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click on the Security option from the left panel to open the security settings.
- While in the Security Settings, go to ‘Where you’re logged in’ section and click on the Edit button located against that section.
- When that section expands, you will be able to see all the activities you’ve done with your Facebook account. All the sessions are listed in there, even the current one and you can view them one by one.
- Now, click on the heading of the session to open the details of each session.
- Now, you need to pay close attention to the session information and if that does not look right, click on the End Activity link located within the session details.
- But, if you see some devices that you don’t use at all, then there is an issue and you have to end that session immediately.
- Once, you’ve checked all the sessions and ended which are not recognizable, you need to open the General Settings page.
- Then, click on the Change link located right against the Password section.
- Enter the current password and then enter the new password you want to keep for your device.
It is very important to change the password in case you’ve found an unrecognizable activity. To know more about Facebook security, you can log on to the Online Geeks tech blog. You will find some useful articles that will help you enhance the security of your Facebook account.