The charcoal face mask has been making rounds on social media lately. It is increasing in popularity, as a handy, go-to solution to take care of your skin. All you need to do is apply it onto your face, wait for it to dry and peel it off to get radiant and smooth skin.
Just like women, even many men are being drawn to this skincare product. Why not? After all, in today’s age of environmental pollution and harmful UV rays, our skin suffers. Therefore, it’s essential to indulge in the best skincare solution to ensure you look radiant and fresh every day.
If you’re new to the charcoal face mask, here everything you must know about it before including it into your skincare regime.
The Benefits of Charcoal Face Mask
As the name indicates, the charcoal face mask contains activated charcoal as the main ingredient, which comes with many benefits. First of all, we want to make it clear that charcoal used in this product is not the stuff you find out in a barbecue grill. Activated charcoal is a different ingredient that’s being used in skincare products due to its absorbency. There’s nothing new – it has been around for many years. It’s been used in emergency rooms for treating drug overdoses or accidental poisoning.
When it comes to your skin, charcoal can absorb foreign particles before those get a chance to enter your bloodstream. When you apply the activated charcoal face mask on your skin, it draws toxins, bacteria, oil, dirt, chemicals and other micro-particles to the skin surface. It further absorbs the foreign substances and removes them when you peel it off your face.
Unlike other face masks, you don’t wash a charcoal face mask. Instead, you peel it off. As you peel off a charcoal mask, it also removes dead skin, blackheads, dirt and excess oil from your skin.
How to select the best-activated charcoal face mask for men
The best way to choose a good quality charcoal face mask for men is to pick the one containing all organic and natural ingredients. You don’t want to apply a product containing a lot of chemicals on your face.
Also, stay away from the DIY mask tips revolving on the internet. Some of these ideas include school glue, and that’s something you definitely don’t want to apply on your face. Instead, select a face mask containing natural ingredients like moringa and gooseberry to keep your skin hydrated.
How to make the most out of charcoal face mask
You need to follow a simple routine while applying the charcoal face mask. For getting the best results, you need to use a men’s charcoal face mask once or twice a week, depending on how oily your face is.
- Wash: Begin with cleansing your face with a natural face wash for men. Rinse it off with lukewarm water to remove dirt and oil from the face.
- Dry: Pat the face dry using a paper or cloth towel. Don’t rub the skin aggressively, as it may lead to wrinkles in the long run.
- Mask: When the face is dry, apply the charcoal face mask on your face. Ensure you properly cover your face, especially the oily parts on the face like T-ozone (nose and forehead). If your cheeks are dry, there’s no need to apply the mask there. If you have a beard, don’t apply the mask on your facial hair.
- Let Dry: Let the mask dry for good 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove: Peel off the mask gently to remove dirt, blackheads and oil from the face in an upward motion. You may even rinse your face again after peeling the mask to remove the residues.
- Hydrate: When the mask is removed completely, moisturise the skin using a good moisturiser or a hydrating cream. This will prevent irritation and dryness on the skin.
There are numerous benefits of a regular skincare routine – from individual confidence to professional advantages. So, take out a few minutes every week to use a charcoal face mask. You will certainly notice a huge difference in the appearance of your skin and complexion.