Get Healthy Juice with Nutrition at Home by Juicer
Juicing is something that every health-conscious individual must think about. It provides the human body with a lot of essential nutrients. You must remember, though, that it must be used as a supplement and not as a replacement for eating fruits or vegetables. Using them as a substitute will make you miss out on a very important nutrient in the form of fiber.
Fresh juices are great when made a part of a healthy diet. Those who drink juice regularly can see a noticeable difference in their overall health. They don’t fall sick as often, feel lighter and have a glowing skin. These are only a few of the benefits in a long list. If you would like to consume fresh homemade juice regularly, it is best to invest in a juice maker.
What Type of Juicer Should One Buy?
There are primarily two types of juicers available in the market. One is a centrifugal juicer that extracts the juice quickly and the other one is a cold-pressed juicer that crushes the fruits and vegetables and extracts the juice. While the former is quicker, the latter can extract more juice with its nutrients intact. The heat generated due to the high speed of the centrifugal juicer leads to nutrients getting oxidised and hence a short useful life.
A cold-pressed juicer is definitely a better choice, but you can choose the other more affordable ones if you intend to drink the juice immediately after extraction or use them for cooking rather than nutrition.
Some Healthy Juice Recipes
Below are some wonderful combinations of fruits, vegetables and greens that you can use to prepare a healthy, and at the same time, delicious juice. Cut the ingredients in each combination into smaller pieces before adding them to the juicer. Extract the juice as described in the user manual of your juicer, let chill and enjoy.
1. Green Juice: 3 stalks of celery, ½ a cucumber, a medium green apple and a pear
2. Juice with Zing: 2 medium apples, 5 carrots, ½ inch fresh ginger and ¼ lemon (without the peel)
3. A Boost of Antioxidants: A cup of blueberries, a cup of strawberries and 2 beetroots
4. A Jab of Immunity : 2 oranges, a quarter lemon, a medium apple and ½ inch fresh ginger
5. Tropical Fruits and Kale: A quarter pineapple, cleaned and cut, a ripe banana and 4 kale leaves
6. Apple-Kale: 2 tart apples and 5 leaves of Kale
7. Kick start with Kale: An orange, a cup of strawberries, 3 carrots, a banana and 2 kale leaves
8. Cool as a Cucumber: One-quarter ripe melon, 2 stalks of celery, half a cucumber and ¼ lemon
There are plenty of green ingredients, which may not be consumed as nourishing in your daily diet. This allows you to get the maximum benefit of the nutrients. Cucumber, celery, kale and green apples, each add their distinct flavour to the juice to give you an amazing combination of taste and nutrition.