How to Fix “VLC” Couldn’t Read the File Error
“VLC” or Visible Light Communication is a media streaming application or program that works both online and offline mode and is capable of streaming multiple video and audios on your device. It is one of the most popular media players across the globe and provides easy access tools to handle. Even it is able to transform a particular coded response to another form of language that attracts millions of users. At some point, users face some issues like bad file descriptor, or VlC is unable to read the particular file, etc.
There are various issues of arising “Bad File Descriptor” Error on your system, and this error is seen, especially while using Windows 10. Some users face this issue after updating their Windows 10 OS.
Reasons for Causing this Error
Multiple users have multiple views on this topic with their relevant explanations. Some are facing this “Bad File Description” or “File not running” error while upgrading to the latest OS. Some face this issue to corrupt system files and media files.
If you wish to solve this issue, then follow these instructions:
Updating “Graphic Card” Driver
- First and foremost, apply right click on the “Start” tab and then select the option “Device Manager” from the available listings.
- Now, search for the option “Display Adapters” and double-click on it to expand the feature.
- Next, navigate to the graphics driver and then choose the option “Update Driver” from the provided option listings.
- At last, you have to install the latest and updated version of the “VLC” player.
- Install it and abide by on-screen indications.
Modifying “VLC” Settings
- Firstly, go to the corrupted “VLC” file and then apply right-click on it.
- Then choose the option “Properties.”
- Now, tap on the “Security” section and then hit the “Advanced’ option there.
- Next, tap the “Change” linked option situated just nearby the name of the owner.
- After that, tap the option “Advanced.”
- Hit the “Find Now” tab appears on the right-hand side of your upcoming page.
- Then, select the “Administrator” option with the name of your Desktop.
- Now, hit the “OK” tab.
- Then, tap on “Enter” to exit from the expanded window “Select User or Group.”
- After that, hit on “Apply” located inside the option “Advanced Security” Setup page.
- Wait for the prompt window to appear and then hit the “Enter” key located on the keyboard.
- Now, exit from the window by hitting the “OK” tab.
- Shut the “Properties” page also.
- Now, hit the “Edit” option by navigating the “Properties” tab.
- Next, navigate to the segment “Users and Groups” and tap on the option of “Administrators.”
- Then, unmark the boxes related to the “Deny” and tap on the Apply option.
- Now, hit the tab “OK” to save your changes.
- Now, ensure that allow boxes are marked for all the actions.
Running “CCJDSK” To Fix this Issue
If you have any corrupted or lost files located on your VLC, then it is recommended to run the command program “CHKDSK” to scan and remove corrupted drives. Follow these steps to do the same:
- First of all, tap the “Window” logo and “S” key simultaneously and then enter “cmd” into the provided “Cortana” search bar.
- Once you see the resulting list, then hit the “Command Prompt” option and choose the administrator
- Now, tap on “Yes” once the UAC prompts out for giving your positive consent.
- Then, type the under-mentioned command into the command window and tap the “Enter” key:
“chkdsk < partition letter > : / r.”
Note: Enter the disk name into the partition letter position.
- Now, reboot your device to save your changes and check that your VLC is running properly.
Resetting Preferences and VLC Catch Data
- First of all, tap Window + R keys to launch the Run Dialog box.
- Then enter “%APPDATA%” into the search bar and tap the “Enter” button.
- Now, search for the “VLC” option and right-click on it if you got.
- Then, choose the option “Delete” by navigating the “Context” menu.
Emily Watson is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on hp printer support and many other related topics. She is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.