Realtek HD Audio Driver is a sound driver that makes it easy to manage the sound settings for Windows. But sometimes there can be issues in using the sound driver or the Realtek audio manager icon is missing from your system.
To reinstall the Realtek high definition audio driver windows 10, first, you need to uninstall it as follows:
- To go to the ‘Device Manager’, click on the Start menu.
- In the list that you see, expand the option for Sound, video and game controllers.
- Search the Realtek High Definition Audio driver.
- Right-click the audio driver and from the drop-down menu, choose ‘Uninstall’.
- Check the option ‘Delete the driver software for this device’ and then again click on ‘Uninstall’.
- Click the Views tab and then hit ‘Show hidden devices’ from the menu.
- Verify if there are any duplicate drivers and if yes, right-click on it and hit the Uninstall option. Next, you have to just restart the system.
Now once you are done with uninstalling, the next step is to reinstall the Realtek audio driver windows 10.
Reinstall the Realtek HD audio drivers windows
To download the driver, go to the official Realtek’s website and follow the given steps:
- Go to the ‘Downloads’ section and you will get a prompt that some motherboards may not use these drivers. But downloading these drivers may work for you, so, click on ‘Accept’ and this will take you to the Downloads page.
- You will then get a long list where you just need to find your operating system and click on the link that is given for it.
- After downloading, find the driver in your Downloads folder and run it. Grant access for the program to run, and let the installer do the job. Click next and let it complete the installation.
- After the reinstallation is over, give a restart to your system.