How to Use Microsoft Edge to Read Kindle Books
The eBook Kindle service introduced by Amazon has received the treatment of second class citizens for long on windows. A store for the devices for Windows 8 was pulled back in the year 2016, and the classic app on the desktop was criticized by most of the users as clumsy and slow. Now, the Kindle cloud reader is available in the Microsoft Edge browser which has made reading kindle books much comfortable and convenient.
What is Kindle Cloud Reader?
Kindle Cloud Reader could be defined as a simple and straightforward application that has access to your Kindle library along with providing several features and settings such as:-
- The users can customize their reading experience by selecting and modifying text color, font size, background color, number of reading columns and much more.
- You can also create and edit highlights along with bookmarks and notes.
- The Whispersync technology introduced in the Kindle Cloud reader is capable of syncing the furthest page you have read and notes automatically along with marking it all across the devices.
- The automatic syncing will help you to start reading in the browser from where you have left earlier.
- You can search for a topic or character inside the book, along with revisiting the section.
- Along with shopping for millions of books available on the Kindle store, you can look for the definitions of different English words and their pronunciation.
- Among its, other significant features include the automatic availability of the books for using offline and the receiving of software updates automatically.
- Apart from the above-mentioned features, the most significant are the introduction of dark and portrait mode along with support for offline reading.
How to Get Kindle Cloud Reader?
The steps are easy to follow if you are willing to install Kindle Cloud Reader in the latest Microsoft Edge browser:
- First of all, the users need to go to the new Edge browser and search for the link read.amazon.com.
- Now, you have to Sign-in into your account created on Amazon and then choose the browser menu in the Edge browser available in the corner of the upper right.
- Further, you will need to search for Apps and then tap on Install this site as an app.
- Now, you can enter the name of the app you are willing and then tap on Install.
Now, the users will view the app of Kindle Cloud Reader visible in the app menu of Windows 10, and by clicking right on it, the users can pin the application to the start menu. The users can further send it to the taskbar also if they want quick access. However, the use of the application is quite simple, but it has some limitations too, such as the touch support can be used only in moving backward and forward or turning the pages in the book. There is the availability of advance features for taking notes and tuning fonts, but the users will need to take the help of the pointer and mouse to make and save the changes.
Celine Williams is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on canon printer support and many other printer-related topics. She is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.