How to Use Zoom Meeting on Windows and Mac?
Nowadays, amid the Coronavirus pandemic, ‘Video Conferencing tools or apps’ became extremely essential and useful in conducting virtual meetings for a large number of professionals (to stay connected with their employees as well as clients) and educational institutions (to stay connected with their students).
So, in this situation where many people are continuing to work from home and students’ attending virtual classes while being at home after lockdown has been imposed around the world; the video conferencing app called “Zoom” has emerged as one of the popular online solutions for connecting everyone virtually.
However, there are also various other conferencing tools/app/software options available in the world like ‘Microsoft Skype, GoToMeeting, Google Hangouts Meet, CyberLink U Meeting, and Cisco Webex Meetings, etc. But, out of all these ‘Zoom Meeting App’ became a dominant force across the world because of its cross-platform support. It unifies online meetings, cloud video conferencing, and group messaging together to offer audio, video, and wireless screen-sharing experiences across various platforms.
To be precise, Zoom is extremely useful for the following reasons—
- It helps every business to continue their work and have (virtual) meetings with their clients and team members.
- It helps educational institutions like schools to allow their teachers to conduct online classes for students.
- It is also useful for holding socially distant activities like weddings and happy hours.
- Overall, Zoom is a ‘one-platform solution’ for the educational, health care, financial, and government sectors.
This way, the Zoom Meeting conferencing app caters to every individual need whether it is related to doing business, educating students, or connecting with friends and family especially in this lockdown phase.
So, having these benefits in mind, if you also wish to use the Zoom Meeting app for all these mentioned needs but unable to do so because you’ve no idea how to use the Zoom app then, do not worry! Here, in this blog, we’ve mentioned how you can use the ‘Zoom Meetings’ application on Windows or Mac to stay connected virtually while being in ‘Self-Isolation’ at home. So, keep continue reading further:
How to use Zoom Meeting on Windows and Mac— As Zoom lets users join a conference meeting from a web browser also, you don’t have to download the application on your computer system. So, open your web browser from your Windows or Mac computer/laptop and then follow these steps:
- On your browser, enter this link “https://zoom.us” in the search engine bar to reach the ‘Zoom’ website.
- There in the required text field, enter your work email and then, click on ‘Sign up free.’
- After that, confirm the email that you want to use and click on the ‘Sign up’ option.
- Then, a confirmation email will be sent to you on the same email address and all you have to do is click on the received link to start activating your ‘Zoom Meeting’ account.
- On the activate page, enter your name as well as a password and click on ‘Activate.’
- That’s it! Once your Zoom Meeting account is activated, click on ‘Update your profile’ option.
- Under it, you can add various information like—
- Your Personal Meeting ID
- Your Personal Vanity URL of around 5 to 40 characters.
- Your Host key
- Your location and contact information
- Then, from the various available ‘Meeting’ and ‘Recording’ options, select as per your choice.
- After that, save the applied changes by clicking on the ‘Save’ button.
- Now, on the ‘Zoom Meeting’ home screen, you can click on any of the following options to start with Zoom—
- New Meeting: Click on the downward arrows to enable the video option or to use the Personal meeting ID for the instant Zoom meeting with as many as 100 people.
- Join: Using it, you can join the ongoing meeting.
- Schedule: With it, you can schedule a future meeting.
- Share Screen: Using this, you’ll be able to share the screen in Zoom Chat Room with the help of your meeting ID only.
- That’s it! This way, you can use your Zoom Meeting account to conduct a conference video call whenever you want.
Other than this, you can also download the Zoom Meeting App on your Desktop with the help of following steps—
- When you sign in to your Zoom account from a web browser, you’ll be encountered with a pop-up message that reads—‘Download the Zoom App.’
- So, using that prompted link, download the Zoom Meeting app on your desktop.
- Then, launch the app on your computer (either Windows or Mac) to further press the ‘Join a meeting’ button from its default screen.
- After that, you’ll be asked to enter your ‘Meeting ID’ to join in a meeting.
- So, enter the meeting ID and click on ‘Join’ to finally start your video conference call.
Further, you also have the option to turn on/off the video or audio as per your needs and you can do so by clicking on the provided checkboxes. That’s all! This way, the Zoom Meeting app will connect you virtually with the others.