Everyone wants to hire the best web designer that they can afford, given the fact that the website designer has a large part in the overall success of your website. After all, it is said that people decide in five seconds if they are going to stay on your website or navigate away. In these five seconds the quality of your website design in Malay will determine the choice made by the visitor. Given that fact, this is not something to be taken lightly; here are the 10 things to look for when choosing a web designer.
1. Technical skills – First and foremost, you need to choose a designer that has a large variety of technical skills such as coding and programming. The main reason why most people choose to use a web designer is because they lack the technical know-how to transform their own ideas into web design. If your web designer does not have the proper knowledge then you will find yourself in a ‘blind leading the blind’ situation.
2. Longevity – How long a web designer has been working online has a lot to do with how well they will be able to do their job. When it comes to good quality, it is hard to replace the knowledge that an experienced web designer has.
3. Knowledge of Internet marketing – While Internet marketing may not seem like a related field, the truth is that a good web design will have all the elements of proper Internet marketability built into it. Thus, if you hire a we designer who is also adept at Internet marketing you will get two services for the price of one, which should be your objective.
4. Resume – In order to find out about their knowledge of Internet marketing, technical skills, and their experience a good web designer should have a resume posted or ready that you can purview. In the same way that you would never hire an employee without checking out their credentials you should never hire a web designer without checking them out first.
5. References and samples – Two things that you need to ask for, along with a resume, are samples and references. If a web designer has the proper credentials they should have no problem offering you a few business references and samples of web pages that they have worked on in the past.
6. The web designer’s homepage – Given that the Internet is a web designer’s home, they most likely will have their own home page that advertises their services. Check out their home page closely because it is a good indicator of what they can provide you with. Does it have a high search ranking? Does it look clear? Is it attractive? If they cannot produce an excellent home page for themselves you can hardly expect them to produce one for you.
7. Price – Cost is always going to play a role when it comes to choosing a web designer. Set a budget of what you can afford to spend and then let your designer know what the budget is. That way they can make suggestions that fit within your cost parameters.
8. Approximate time commitment – You also need to ask any potential designer for a timeline for your project proposal. The same way that you set a budget for your website you should also set a few deadlines and make sure that your final choice is able to follow through. If it takes months to get a few simple components of your website completed it will not be worth the time or money.
9. Ability to communicate – While you are discussing your project with a potential web designer pay attention to how quickly they respond to you, and how well they communicate. Everyone has different styles of communication and not every style works for every person. If you are already irritated by the way that they interact by email or telephone, there is a good chance that they are not the right choice for the job.
10. Familiarity with your website business or topic – Finally ask them candidly about how much they know about your business or website topic. While they may not directly have anything to do with how well they can craft a website, it does have to do with how well they will be able to execute the website of your dreams, since your topic lies at the heart of it. If you can find a website designer Malaysia with some background knowledge of your topic, chances are good you will get better results.