The mountain of 7 colors also known as Vinicunca, Winicunca is a destination that every traveler wants to know, and here we give you some important recommendations that you should take into account before visiting the mountain of colors.
Rainbow mountain hike 2 days of colors
Several travelers do not know the walk and upon arrival they meet the surprise that they have to walk. The duration of the walk is 4 to 6 hours (round trip). You must therefore be in good condition and if you have altitude sickness, it is advisable to drink coca tea or a pill for altitude sickness.
Now, if you don’t want to walk, locals rent horses. You should keep in mind that there are days when there are no horses available for the number of travelers, so if you are going The tour with a travel agency is best to hire both and they will communicate with the locals and you will have reserved the horse.
Related Post: Six paths off the beaten track to reach Machu Picchu
What should you bring?
- Warm clothes, hiking shoes
- Small backpack
- Hiking poles
- Rain jacket or plastic ponchos
- Extra money (preferably in soles)
This visit is not recommended for :
- Not suitable for pregnant women.
- Not suitable for people with heart problems.
- Preferred over 13 years.
Frequently asked questions about the mountain of colors :
- Best time : The best time to visit the mountain of the 7 colors is from April to September (dry season).
- Climate : It is cold, so it is advisable to wear warm clothing.
- Entrance price: The entrance price to the mountain of colors is S / 10.
- At what time the visit begins : The visit begins around 4:00 and lasts more than 15 hours.
- Travel with a travel agency or by yourself: The Mountain of colors is optional, you can do it with a travel agency or by yourself. It is advisable to travel with a travel agency because the Guide can quickly give you help if needed if you need it and other than the transport you do with an oxygen tank.