Windows 10 is undoubtedly one of the best Windows editions, yet it still contains its share of mistakes and glitches. Among those Windows 10 mistakes that we are going to eliminate now is the error code 0x800f080d generally occurs when someone tries to install a new Windows upgrade. The stated error halts the installation process.
As mentioned, Error Code 0x80070422 is the subject of much debate, and a lot of Windows 10 users are complaining about this. Now, in this guide, we have compiled a list of 5 fixes that will help you overcome the mentioned mistake with ease.
Best Way to Troubleshoot Windows 10 error code 0x800f080d.
1: Perform a Clean Boot:
Sometimes a certain program can interfere with your operating system and result in error code 0x800f080d. Now to find out which application is responsible, we recommend you boot a new one. Clean Boot will disable all startup programs and services so that the consumer can detect it. To boot a new one, then follow the steps below:
- First, start the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R all the way down.
- Now type MS Config inside the empty text area and click OK. This will install the System Configuration window for you.
- Inside the System Configuration window, browse to the Services tab then tick the checkbox before the option hide all Microsoft services.
- Additionally, at the base of this window, click on the Disable tab, and it will disable all the services provided in the list.
- Next, go to the Startup tab ((in the vertical menu) and then click on Task Manager.
- On the second window, in the list of startup programs, right-click on the first entry and select Disable option in the sub-menu. Make sure you disable all entries in the listing with the exact same method.
- As soon as you have disabled all the gateways, browse to the System Configuration window and then click on Apply and then OK.
- Let your computer restart and then check if the error code 0x800f080d is resolved or if it persists.
2: Remove the Problematic Program or Service:
As mentioned in FIX 1, Many third-party software can fight your own system and lead to error code 0x800f080d. But should you find a responsible person after performing FIX 1, we recommend that you replace or remove the debatable program/service as soon as possible.
Although it is possible to do this step manually, some files and folders associated with this program are also eliminated, so we suggest that you use a dedicated tool. There are many application uninstallers available online that eliminate all files, folders and registry entries related to the program you want to uninstall.
Additionally, using dedicated applications makes your computer clean and transparent, as if this specific program was not installed.
3: Create a New User Account:
A corrupt user account can potentially trigger error code 0x800f080d for many users. Now repairing a corrupt user accounts is not that simple and easy; As a result, here we recommend you to create a new user account and assess whether it will help or not. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Primarily, press Windows + I all the way down and start the Settings window.
- Now inside the Settings window, browse to the left-pane menu, then select Account, then click on Family and other men and women as well.
- On the right-pane menu click on the plus icon before Additional, then the option Add someone else to this PC
- On the second screen, click I don’t have this person’s sign-in information and select Add a person without a Microsoft account.
- Now enter a username and password details in your new account and click Next.
- Again, start the Settings window and browse to Accounts and then click on Family and other men and women too.
- Click New User Accounts, and then click the Change Account Type tab.
- Also, under Account Form segment, select Start drop-down and then Administrator.
- Click OK.
Lastly, make the changes to your brand new administrator accounts and assess if it simplifies to error code 0x800f080d. If so, it is possible to use this account and think about transferring all your personal files as well.
4: Reset Windows Update Parts
Sometimes a Windows upgrade can cause certain issues that can eventually lead to error code 0x800f080d. The best solution here would always be to reset Windows Update elements and assess whether it will help or not. To do this, follow the steps below:
- First, start the Run dialog box by pressing Windows+R all the way.
- Now type CMD inside the empty text area and then click on OK. This will set up the Command Prompt window for you. Be sure to start it using administrator access.
- Now command prompt
- More about this source text Source text required for additional translation information