Nowadays, it is easy to fix the patchy beard problem. You can flaunt a thick and fuller beard by undergoing a beard transplant procedure. It has become the most demanded procedure among men. You no longer have to struggle to get a full beard. Also, you don’t have to use different types of hair oils to increase the growth of facial hair. With a beard transplant, you get permanent facial hair and a thick beard which enhances your physical appearance and gives you a mature and manly look.
However, there are two sides to every coin. Along with several benefits, there are certain side-effects of beard transplant as well. In this article, we will discuss the pros and cons of a beard transplant in detail for your guidance.
How is Beard Transplant performed?
Beard transplant in Dubai is performed just like the hair transplant procedure. The donor hair are taken from the back of the scalp mostly and transplanted to the face. Both FUT and FUE techniques can be used to perform a beard transplant. The results provided by the procedure are completely natural and you can style and trim the beard hair just like natural hair. Almost 4000-7000 hair follicles are needed to give you a full beard in the most natural way possible. It requires a lot of experience and skill to implant the hair follicles in their natural pattern so that they look natural.
Pros of Beard Transplant
Now that you know how beard transplant is performed, let’s have a look at the pros of the procedure. If you are getting the FUE beard transplant then it has the following advantages;
- It does not produce a linear scar as caused by FUT technique.
- It has a quick recovery
- The scars produced are very small and minimally visible
- Less painful as compared to FUT
- There are no severe side-effects
- It effectively treats facial hair loss with minimal invasiveness as there is no cutting or stitching involved.
However, you can also get the procedure through FUT beard transplant technique. The major advantage of FUT beard transplant is that it allows to harvest a large number of follicles in a short period of time. However, FUE beard transplant takes a lot of time because follicles are extracted individually. Both beard transplant techniques offer permanent results.
Cons of Beard Transplant
There are certain temporary risks associated with the beard transplant procedure which are mentioned below;
- You will experience swelling and redness for at least 7-10 days. But in some cases, the swelling may prolong and takes time to subside.
- The patient might also experience bruising and hypersensitivity at both the donor and recipient sites.
- There is also a risk for the incision to develop an infection in case of FUT beard transplant. Therefore, surgeons prescribe antibiotics and various other ointments.
- It is an expensive treatment
- There is a chance for the newly implanted hair follicles to fall out and not take roots if you shave them during the first week after the surgery.
Before opting for any procedure, make sure you are aware of its pros and cons. Beard transplant is a very effective treatment for people who have patchy beards or reduced facial hair growth. However, there are certain risks linked to the procedure. You should discuss the cons with your surgeon beforehand so that you are mentally prepared. The side-effects are temporary but still, there is a chance for them to occur. Therefore, we stress the importance of initial consultation and selection of an experienced surgeon of hair transplant in Dubai. It is wise to rely on a qualified surgeon for cosmetic procedures like a beard transplant.