The Linksys extender setup is fairly simple. All Linksys range extenders will be discussed. Get the default login on http://extender.linksys.com to access the Linksys WiFi extender setup page depending on the model number.
Go to the setup page after connecting to the Linksys Wifi extender and log in with the default credentials.
– You’ve hooked your extension into the wall outlet.
Connect your extender to your PC with an Ethernet cable.
– Type 192.168.1.240 or extender.linksys.com into the address bar of your web browser. All Linksys Wireless range extenders use this address as their default.
Now go to the setup page for your Linksys Range extender and type in the name of your range extender. Then, after you’re finished, add the same SSID number from your router or access point, and click the Save button.
Linksys Range Extender factory default setup
If you’re having trouble setting up the range extenders, adhere to the factory default settings.
– If you’re experiencing any sporadic connectivity.
– If you are having difficulty installing the range extender using the setup software.
If the LED isn’t blinking, this is a problem.
To avoid the configuration procedure, make a backup of your extender’s device configuration and restore it if you need to return it to factory settings for any reason.
The setup page is available online.
– Choose Backup Configuration from the Management tab.
– Save all of your settings after that.