What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Bajaj Finserv Credit Cards?
With demonetization and the subsequent reliance on plastic money, many Indians see credit cards as a welcome payment option. The advantages of a credit card are many, and the disadvantages are few. Besides offering transparency in payments, credit cards save you from carrying too much cash around, ensuring secure use.
The Reserve Bank of India has pushed Indians to use credit cards extensively, as credit cards are more convenient, and offer affordability to many Indians who otherwise wouldn’t be able to afford large items like refrigerators and laptops. Most banking institutions like HDFC and ICICI offer credit cards to their customers.
A Financial Boost
Credit cards offer a financial boost to low-income groups like farmers for buying implements and land. This encourages enterprise and yields opportunities for those who are economically deprived. There are also specific student credit cards to aid youth from low-income families in their pursuit of education.
The Best Credit Cards
The best credit card in India is one that gives the user greater value related to their spending habits. For instance, if you are a business professional who has to travel a lot, or has corporate-related expenses in terms of dining or hotel bookings, a credit card like the SBI Corporate Platinum Credit Card is a good choice, giving you savings on hotel and flight bookings, and discounts at restaurants.
While many credit cards offer overall rewards and perks and are offered by banks, good credit cards are also made available through financial companies like Bajaj Finserv. Used by thousands of Indians, the Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard holds many advantages. Although you may find certain downsides to owning any credit card, you will find affording items easy with this SuperCard.
Bajaj Finserv Co-brand Credit Card Advantages
Bajaj Finserv co-brand credit cards have been conceived with the user in mind. The Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard is the primary card that the financial company has created. This card has many variants that you can opt for, depending on your purchasing behaviour. For instance, you can get the Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank Doctors SuperCard that is meant for doctors and other health workers, giving benefits such as professional indemnity insurance of up to 20,00,000 INR to users. Here are a few of the advantages of a credit card such as the Bajaj Finserv co-brand credit card:
- This card is multifunctional in nature.
- The card can be used as a cash/ATM card, offering you up to 50 days worth of interest-free withdrawals.
- You can pay for purchases with ease via EMIs, and you get 5% cashback on down payments made with the card.
- You get perks such as “buy-one, get-one-free” on movie tickets.
- Variants of the card exist so that you can select cards exactly suited to your spending requirements.
- Some variants have no joining fees and no annual fees for a period of up to one year.
- You can convert the credit limit on your SuperCard to an emergency loan through the RBL MyCard App. You can get personal loans for up to 90 days with a nominal interest rate of 1.16% per month.
- This card acts as a balance transfer credit card, allowing you to use 80% of your credit limit to pay off balances/debt on another card
- Zero-fraud liability comes with the card, enabling you to restrict cash limits and block cards digitally.
Disadvantages of Bajaj Finserv Co-brand Credit Cards
Whatever you think qualifies as the best credit card in India, it will have a few disadvantages. Here are some disadvantages of Bajaj Finserv co-brand credit cards:
- The Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard lets you make cash withdrawals at ATMs for up to 50 days, without any interest being charged. However, you will be charged a flat 2.5% processing fee.
- You can opt for EMIs only on spends of 3,000 INR or higher amounts.
- You get 5% cashback offers on purchases made only at partner stores, and not at every outlet.
With the Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard, you get to use a multipurpose card, which lets you make interest-free cash withdrawals, and lets you pay for purchases in easy EMIs.