Best UPSC Books for IAS Mains
If you are able to clear the Prelims stage of the IAS exam, then you’d have to appear for the Mains. In the IAS Mains, there are 9 subjective type papers out of which 2 are subjects that you can choose from.
If you want Syllabus of UPSC Mains Exam so click on this link.
So, accordingly, I have mentioned down below a list of the best UPSC books for your preparation for the Mains round of the IAS (apart from the NCERTs):
|History, Indian Heritage & Culture [GS Paper 1]
|• An Intro to Indian Art Part 1-Textbook in Fine Arts for Class 11
• Bipan Chadra’s India’s Struggle for Independence
• Bipan Chandra’s India after Independence
• Satish Chandra’s History of Medieval India
• RS Sharma’s Ancient India
|Geography [GS Paper 1]
|• Majid Husain’s Geography of India
• Majid Husain’s World Geography
• World Atlas
• GC Leong’s Certificate Physical and Human Geography
|Polity & International Relations [GS Paper 2]
|• M. Laxmikanth’s Indian Polity
• DD Basu’s Introduction to the Constitution of India
• Rajiv Sikri’s India’s Foreign Policy
|Economy [GS Paper 3]
|• Ramesh Singh’s Indian Economy
|Ethics [GS Paper 4]
|• Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude for Civil Services Main Examination by Subba Rao and P.N. Roy Chaudary
These are all the list of books that I have for you as far as the Prelims and the Mains rounds of the UPSC are concerned.
However, there are 2 optional subject papers in the Mains exam that would require you to read from the books pertaining to the particular subjects of your choice.
Read More: UPSC Mains Books