Grammage is the unit of measurement that tells you the mass per unit area of a sheet of paper or cardboard. This value is important for a number of reasons. It helps you understand how thick a paper or board is. This, in turn, affects how the product will perform effectively. This is considered to be an essential property of the materials that indicate helps in selecting the materials for intended applications. To test the grammage of paper and other related materials, one can easily make use of a GSM round cutter designed by the experts at Presto.
This is one of the high-quality lab testing instruments that is used for precise and circular cutting of samples. This high-quality lab testing equipment has been designed with 4 built-in knives. By revolving the handle knob a quarter of a turn the cutter produces a circular sample of 100 cm². Here in this blog, we will discuss brief information about the Presto GSM round cutter and how this lab testing equipment will work easily. So, let us get started!
All about Presto GSM round cutter
GSM or grammage of the material is considered to be the measure of its mass per unit area. It is typically expressed in grams per square meter (g/m^2). This is an important parameter that can easily be tested by cutting the specimen accurately. This sample cutter will cut the specimen accurately and precisely with the use of its high-grade blades.
From acrylic sheets, aluminum, and foils, bags and luggage of cotton, Paper, Printing, Packaging and leather, belts, footwear, the paper industry, package material, boxes, polyester & BOP films, thermal paper, Adhesive, and many more materials, this lab testing instrument can easily be used accurately to cut the samples accurately. This lab testing equipment will be considered to be the easiest and most accurate method to measure the grammage. Now, let us discuss brief information about gsm round cutter price features and technical specifications.
Features of Presto GSM round cutter
The GSM round cutter designed by the experts at Presto will help in the accurate cutting of samples. This high-quality lab testing equipment will help in the accurate cutting of samples. Below we have listed the features of this quality lab testing equipment.
- 2 No’s Special quality GSM pad is provided for support while cutting.
- The machine is equipped with 4 nos. of replaceable German Blades.
- The movement of the Hand Wheel is ¼ rounds to cut a sample.
- High-Quality Aluminum pressure die cast the main body
- Lightweight and resilient
- Highly accurate test results
- Available with Safety Latch Facility
Technical Specifications of Presto GSM round cutter
- Sample Area: 100 cm²
- Sample Dia.: 112.8 mm
- Type of Cut: Standard
- Blade Holders: 4 Nos. Stainless Steel
- Blades: Heavy duty Reversible Blades
- Number of Blades: 4 Nos.
- Safety Lock: Fine Brass Lock
- Hand Wheel (Handle): Special Bakelite Handle
- Cutting Pad: New Rubber-Foam Pad
- Safety Latch: Yes
- Material of Main Body: Die-cast Aluminum
With these high-end features and technical specifications, one can easily cut the samples accurately. Now, let us discuss how this paper gsm tester lab testing equipment works.
Working of GSM round cutter
The GSM round cutter designed by the experts at Presto has been made in accordance with industrial standards that make it easy for the manufacturers to cut the samples accurately. Below we have listed the steps to cut the samples easily with a gsm cutter machine .
- First, place the sample accurately on the GSM round cutter cutting pad.
- Release /open the Safety pin, a slight pressure on the handle brings internal blades in contact with the sample.
- Specimens are cut by rotating the handle under pressure.
- Apply the pressure and cut the samples accurately.
In this way, you can easily cut the samples. If you want to conduct a free sample testing session regarding this quality lab testing equipment then give us a call at +91 9210903903 or email us at [email protected]. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your needs and queries.
Author : -Gaurav Malhotra
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- How does GSM round cutter works?
- How to effectively use a box compression test machine?
- How does a digital tensile tester work?
- Test the crease resistance of paper boards with Presto crease resistance tester
- Synthesize salt spray with other environmental conditions with the Presto salt spray chamber