Resetting and configuring your Epson printer is an effective way to start from scratch and troubleshoot printer problems. This article walks you through the steps of the process to reset Epson Printer.
Reset the printer
1. Please turn off the printer.
2. Use a paper clip or the tip of a pen to press and hold the reset on the back of the printer:
3. While holding down the reset button, turn on the printer. Press and hold the reset button.
4. After 5 seconds, a warning will be printed out. Release the reset button.
5. After about 5 more seconds, another sheet will print showing the printer’s factory reset IP address. Newer Epson models will default to a DHCP address.
Configuring the Printer
1. On an iPad or computer connected to the Revel network, open Safari or a web browser.
2. Enter the printer’s IP address and tap Go.
3. The next page will direct you to enter the login credentials. Enter the following:
Password: your printer’s serial number*
If you receive an incorrect password error when using the serial number, try again with the username “epson” and password “epson”
4. In the Configuration menu, navigate to TCP/IP.
5. Configure the following settings on TCP/IP settings page:
- Get IP Address: Manual
- Set using Automatic Private IP Addressing (APIPA): Disable
- Set using PING: Disable
- IP address: desired IP of the printer (Revel’s standard address range for printers is 192.168.22.205 – 192.168.22.219)
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- Default Gateway: 192.168.22.1
- Socket Timeout Value: 300
6. Tap Submit.
7. Reset or power cycle the printer.