What are the Methods to Check PNR Status Online and Offline?
Indian Railways is the fourth-largest railway network in the whole world. Here, crores of people travel by train in a day. The journey on a train is more comfortable if the reservation is confirmed. Many times, due to the seats being full, you are also given a ticket in the waiting list. You have to check the current status of your waiting list. Along with it, you may have to check your PNR status even if there is a confirmed ticket. Here you will know about how to check PNR Status of a train ticket. You can find many ways on the Internet through which you can check PNR status. You can check PNR status online and offline in two ways. Even when we do not have internet facility or poor connection of the Internet, then we can see Indian Railway PNR status offline using many methods.
What is PNR?
PNR number in Indian Railways means the record of the name of any passenger. This number also gives information about the journey to the traveler such as arrival and departure of the train. Booking status can also be known from this PNR number, that is, whether the ticket is confirmed or is on the waiting list (WL) or Reservation against Cancellation (RAC). The PNR also provides information about coaches, seat numbers and fares, among other details.
You can get to know the following information by checking the PNR status:
- Name of the train
- Train number
- Coach number, berth number, and quota
- Journey date
- Booking status at the time of reservation (wait-listed, confirmed RAC, etc.)
- Current status at the time of checking (wait listed, RAC, etc.)
- Ticket Price
- Travel Class (1 AC, 2 AC, 3 AC, CC, SL, etc.)
- Chart Preparation Status (Prepared/Not Prepared)
- From (Station)
- To (Station)
- Boarding Station
- The point up to which you have a reservation
How to Check PNR Status
There are two ways through which you can check PNR status.
- Online PNR Status Enquiry with internet.
- Offline PNR Status Enquiry without internet.
1. Check PNR Status Online
Checking PNR Status online is the most preferred way to enquire your current PNR status, as it is easy and reliable. There is a need for internet connection for checking railway PNR status online. Indian Train, IRCTC, provide the facility to check PNR Status using the website.
2. Check PNR Status Offline
Railway has provided many facilities to passengers for train PNR enquiry without an internet connection. SMS service is the easiest way for PNR enquiry to enhance customer satisfaction. Passengers having no access to the Internet or slow connection of the Internet find it useful and convenient.
5 Ways to Check PNR Status without Internet Connection
- Check PNR status using SMS
- Check PNR status via call
- Check PNR status by visiting the railway inquiry counter of the railway station
- Check PNR status through the final reservation chart
- Check PNR status through IVR chat over 139
- Check PNR Status via SMS
If you want to Check PNR Status via SMS then you can send a message to Indian Railway numbers for PNR inquiry. Just type 10 digits (without hyphen) and send it. You will get updated PNR information in your phone inbox. The price of the message you send is Rupees 3 per SMS. This service is available for almost all major telecom service providers in India, such as Airtel, BSNL, Vodafone, Idea, Reliance, etc.
- 139 SMS Service for PNR inquiry
IRCTC launched 139 SMS service. To get PNR status on mobile through SMS, one needs to send the following message on 139. For example PNR 1234566789 and Send it to 139
- PNR Status Check via Call
Alternatively, you can check PNR status by dialing 139 from your phone. The steps are as follows:
- Dial 139
- Choose your preferred language as per instructions (1 for Hindi, 2 for English, and Three for other)
- Press 1 for PNR status
- Enter your 10-digit PNR number
- Confirm the PNR number
- You will get PNR status and journey details.
- Check PNR Status by Visiting the Railway Enquiry Counter of the Railway Station
It is a traditional, yet reliable way to get updated PNR status. Just ask the railway inquiry counter attendee.
- PNR Status Check through the Final Reservation Chart
The final reservation chart is usually prepared two or three hours before the train departure. Passengers see the PNR Status chart on the notice board of railway station platforms.
- Check PNR Status through Interactive Touch Technology
Another way to check PNR status is through interactive touch technology. This technology is available at some popular Indian railway stations. There are some automated machines to help in checking the IRCTC PNR status.