Tera Raids are the toughest challenges in Scarlet and Violet, but pulling off a win nets the player some sweet goodies. Here’s a simple guide on how Tera Raids work, their rewards, and some tips and tricks to come out on top in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet.
How do Tera Raids work?
Tera Raids are a completely new mechanic exclusive to Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. Tera Raids allows you and three other players to take on powerful Terastal Pokemon. Should you defeat the Pokemon within a specified time limit, you’ll be able to capture it and add it to your repertoire. Tera Raid Battles will also give you the ability to obtain unique and powerful rewards.
Where to Find Tera Raids?
Tera Raids are accessed all over Paldea by finding crystal outcroppings in the world. They can be spotted fairly easily since they emit a beam of light but also appear marked on your map. They will change location each day, though, so you can’t just go back to the same spot all the time.
Once you find one, approach it and hit Y to see the details – such as what Pokémon you will fight, the time limit, and difficulty rating — and begin the raid.
How to Increase Tera Raid Star Level?
Increasing Tera Raid Star levels in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet comes simply by progressing through the game’s story. As you reach specific checkpoints in-game, higher Tera Raid levels will be accessible offline and online.
Each Terra Raid Battle Star level has different requirements to access, as below:
• 1-Star Raids: You can participate in these Battles from the beginning Once you complete the Tutorials.
• 2-Star Raids: You can participate in these Battles from the beginning once you complete the Tutorials and gain access to the 1-Star Terra Raid Battles.
• 3-Star Raids: You need to Aquire three Gym Badges and gain access to the 2-Star Terra Raid Battles.
• 4-Star Raids: Get seven Gym Badges and gain access to the 3-Star Terra Raid Battles.
• 5-Star Raids: Complete the game’s Main Story and gain access to the 4-Star Terra Raid Battles.
• 6-Star Raids: To gain access to This level of Terra Raids, you need to Win the Academy Ace Tournament and 10 4- Star or higher Terra Raids Battles offline or online.
• 7-Star Raids: Complete the main story of the game and look for Black Tera Crystals, available during events.
Tips and Tricks to Increase Tera Raid Battle Stars
Here are some tips and tricks to increase Tera Raid Battle Stars in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
1. Get the right team composition: You must choose the right Pokémon with complementary moves and stats to succeed in Terra Raid Battles.
2. Level Up Your Pokémon: Stronger and higher-leveled Pokémon have an advantage in Terra Raid Battles, so make sure to power up your team.
3. Use Potions and Revives: Keeping your Pokémon healthy in battle is essential to succeed in Terra Raid Battles. Mak, sure you use potions and revives to keep your team ready for action.
4. Grind: In Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, the more you play the game, the higher your chance of success.
What are the Rewards?
Here are a few rewards you can expect from each difficulty level:
• One Star: EXP Candy S, Pearl, Swift Feather, Resist Feather, Muscle Feather, Health Feather, Genius Feather, and Clever Feather.
• Two Star: EXP Candy M and everything from One Star raids, and more.
• Three Star: EXP Candy M, Wiki Berry, Sitrus Berry, Mago Berry, Lum Berry, Figy Berry, Big Mushroom, Star Piece, and Big Pearl.
• Four Star: EXP Candy L, EXP Candy M, Nugget, everything from Three Star raids, and more.
• Five Star: Ability Capsule, Rare Candy, EXP Candy XL, EXP Candy L, and all Mint materials.
• Six Star: Ability Patch, Bottle CapNugget, Rare Cand,y EXP Candy XL, EXP Candy L, and more.
• Seven Star: Catch a Level 100 Rare Pokemon with Max IVs, Special Mark on Pokemon, TMs, Bottle Caps, Ability Patches, Tera Shards, Calcium, Star Pieces, Exp. Candies L & XL, and Rare Candies.
How to Reset Tera Raids?
Here are some simple steps to respawn Tera Raids:
1. Close Scarlet & Violet or hit the Home key to open Switch’s Main Menu.
2. There, scroll to Switch’s Settings.
3. Scroll all the way down to “System.”
4. There, scroll down to “Date and time.”
5. Make sure that “Synchronise Clock via Internet” is turned off.
6. Select “Date and Time” and change the time, so it’s close to midnight (23:55 – 23:58). Note: Do not change the date.
7. Go back to the game and wait till the clock hits midnight.
8. Then, open the map and look for new respawned raids.
Changing the date to the next day works, but you might get locked out of all timed events for 24 hours. So avoid changing the date and use the time method to reset Tera Raids in Scarlet and Violet.
Another way you can respawn raids is by completing all the lower Tier raids. This is a tedious method, but you can use it if you don’t want to mess with your Switch’s settings.
Best Pokémon for Tera Raids
1. Best Attack Pokémon for Tera Raids
• Iron Hands
• Flutter Mane
2. Best Support Pokémon for Tera Raids
• Scream Tail
3. Other great Pokémon to take with you on Tera Raids
• Hatterene or Gardevoir (for those weak to Fairy)
• Iron Thorns
Five and Six-Star Tera Raid Tips
If you’re going to challenge the tougher raids, here are some essential tips to win.
1. Pick your highest-level Pokémon that counters the Tera Pokémon’s type. Check what you’re up against first, and pick your Pokémon accordingly.
2. No need to worry about using items or healing before the fight. Your Pokémon will always have full HP and PP when you start.
3. Work with your team. If you can coordinate attackers, buffers, debuffs, and such, you can make quick work of raids.
4. Don’t forget to cheer! You can cheer instead of using a move during Tera Raids, which can boost your team’s offense and defense or heal everyone.