4 Types of Plate Beveling Machines that Produce Superior Results
A plate beveling machine is a rotary edge cutting machine using carbide inserts or other cutting or grinding components to produce beveled, angled, or radius edges. The common application of metal beveling is weldment preparation. It expands the surface area of the weld site, which results in durable welds that can handle more strain.
A Beveling Machine is an essential tool to form an angle between edges at the end of a pipe or a tube. This new, advanced milling technology produces cost-effective results, combined with convenient handling and perfect beveling operations.
You will be amazed to know that there are plenty of plate beveling machines available in the market. Let’s get down to the types of plate bevel machines, made in Germany.
Next-Gen Beveling and Chamfering Machines
Below we have rounded up four types of beveling machines. Let’s have a closer look at its features to simplify your selection process.
- AutoCUT 500 – A Fully Automatic Feed Plate Beveling Machine
It features weld seam milling, coupled with automatic, adjustable feed, and quick, and flexible variable milling angle. The inlet or outlet angles make it incredibly versatile and safe to handle AutoCUT 500 machines. The milling angle adjusts between 15° and 60°.
- Simple and safe handling
- No limitations on working length
- No need for guiding carriage – independent from ground conditions
- Thickness ranges from 10 mm to 40 mm
- Milling cutter with 6 carbide inserts
- SKF 25 – Quick and Convenient Preparation of Weld Seams
It weighs around 22 kg, making it easy to handle and precise to instruct with smooth rollers. It results in uniform milled edges for proper weld seams.
- Chamfer width up to 15mm
- Seamless angle adjustment from 15° to 60°
- Ergonomic handle
- Easy guided with rollers
- Ideal for beveling steel, aluminum, and non-ferrous metal
- EKF Series – Entry-Level Series for Professional Chamfering and Deburring Operations
It incorporates futuristic technology with no compromises. It proves to deliver outstanding performance in many applications.
- Clean and uniform milled edge
- Precise setting of chamber width
- Even opening angle
- Easy to use with low-strength materials
- Weld seam preparation on all contours
- EKF 500 & EKF 600 Series – High-Rated, Compact Machines
It falls under the compact series that comes along with variable speed and full wave control electronics. It is designed for maximum performance and ideal comfort.
With innovative milling head technology, EKF machines can run at low speeds without jerking or jumping. It is suitable for deburring, beveling, and weld seam preparation.
- Variable speed control
- Carbide inserts with four cutting edges
- New ergonomic design
- Revolving supporting disc
With a wide range of milling angles and radius bevels, Plate Beveling Machines can act as a strong foundation for any weld. Using this can help you reap maximum benefits, such as best power to weight ratios, increased productivity with minimal effort, long-lasting indexable carbide inserts, and uniform beveling.
Fixed, variable, and radius beveling angles can fit a wide range of bevel welding preparations. Above, we have covered the most popular types of plate bevel machines that can be exceptionally easy and safe to use. The next step is to look for a reliable beveling machine supplier to meet your precise requirements.