Are you at a higher risk of developing gallbladder disease?
Risk of Gallbladder
There are thousands of people who are affected by gallbladder conditions. However, many people are unaware of the risk factors of this disorder. If you are exposed to the risk factors, you are more vulnerable to developing issues in your gallbladder. In this blog, a gallbladder surgeon in Kolkata discusses the risk factors of gallbladder conditions so that you can be a little more cautious.
Who are at a higher risk of gallbladder disease? Answers a gallbladder surgeon
There are a number of factors which puts you at the risk of developing from gallbladder disease. Let’s know them from a gallstone specialist.
- Obesity: People who are overweight and consume high fatty diet have more chance of developing problems in your gallbladder due to the high production of cholesterol by the liver.
- Female: Studies show that females who are above 40 years are more prone to suffer from gallbladder related problems than men.
- Diabetes: People who have diabetes generally have a high level of fatty acid, which impairs the functioning of the gallbladder and increases the risk of gallbladder problems.
- Problems in the bile duct: Blockage in the bile duct also increases your chance of gallbladder issues.
- Medications: According to the opinion of the best gallbladder cancer surgeon, intake of certain medications containing a high level of estrogen like hormone therapy drugs can put you at risk of suffering from gallbladder disorders.
- Blood disorders: If you have underlying blood disorders like sickle cell anemia or leukemia, it can cause gallbladder problems.
- Unhealthy lifestyle: Living a sedentary life with unhealthy practices like smoking and drinking causes gallstones in individuals.
Prevention to reduce your risk of gallbladder disease: Answers a gallbladder surgeon
A well-known gall stone specialist in Kolkata recommends some of the following precautionary tips to reduce the risk of gallbladder issues.
- Consume high-fiber foods in your diet, like vegetables, fruits and whole grains.
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Avoid skipping meals and stick to your usual mealtime every day.
It is essential for all individuals to be aware of the risk factors of gallbladder conditions. If you fall into these risk factors and experience unusual symptoms in your stomach, consult a doctor immediately.