Best Practices for Returns and Refunds in eCommerce
Returning products are quite common nowadays and eCommerce businesses are facing it a lot more. Doing returns are not loved by any eCommerce business, they have to create a clear return policy to keep their customer’s expectations high.
Once the customers are returning their orders means they no longer trust your site as well as your product.
Why do returns take place?
eCommerce return policy has made it easy for customers to send the wrong or damaged products back to the store. Sometimes the seller sold the products without giving them a second look. Around 30% of products are returned daily. Users got disappointed when they don’t get what they have seen in the picture. Therefore increases the chance of returning products when the users don’t get what they want.
Some reasons to make returns:
- Broken or Damaged Product: Storing and shipping products till it reaches the customers is not that simple. There are many ways that a product can get damaged. The only solution for the broken or damaged product is simply replacing them.
- Product Not Same as Shown: According to the study, buyers only trust those retailers who sell products the same as shown in the picture. Wrong products made a disconnection between the users and the retailers.
- Poor Quality Products: Low-quality products can build a poor image of the buyers in front of customers and also have a high chance of product return.
- Delivery Problem: These types of problems mostly happen in international orders. As more distance any product covers, the more chance to get damaged.
- Product is no longer in Need: Most of the returns take place when the product is no longer in need by the customers. Sometimes, buyers are way too impatient for their orders they want to get their order the next morning, which is not possible at any cost.
How to Handle Returns in eCommerce ?
Return of goods back to the eCommerce stores affects a lot of businesses. But, those effects can be handled if processes are done properly. Down below are some approaches that you should follow to make sure a good consumer experience.
Send Return Order Back to Warehouse:
It’s not in a seller’s hands if any return occurs. It is best to send back the product to the warehouse and help in completing the return process smoothly.
Use Better Service to Manage Returns:
The easiest way of returning the product is by using better services that are dealing with shipping-related issues.
Best Practices for eCommerce Returns
Below given the best practices that will help in making an efficient and effective returns process.
The product should be easy to find
If customers receive the products against their linking there is more chance of a return occurring. Therefore, it is suggested to sell products similar to those viewed on the website.
Be clear in front of your customers about the product. A single return will affect the website deeply.
Many things can take place during the shipping process, but by doing proper packing of the products at the point of departure can prevent the products from getting damaged. Delicate and fragile products should be packed with more attention to deliver them safely.
Get Customers reviews
Customer reviews on product pages are like mirrors for the product providers. From every review done by the customers, eCommerce business holders came to know where they stand in the market.
Easy to find by the customers
It is important to make the customers easy to understand what in real return policy is. It helps in building loyalty and even leads to more purchases. You can do it by managing the following things;
Make your process sustainable
Keeping a sustainable returns process that reduces wastage in packaging. Also, returned products should be given back to the sales supply chain not end up in the garbage.
Keep your customers informed
Stay transparent in front of your customers when they have made returns. Be clear with the return information where their package is and the next step for their online return.
A better returns management process helps in building strong customer satisfaction in your return process and also increases loyalty.
Protection against fraud
eCommerce returns are quite common nowadays. These frauds mostly occur when someone returns a stolen item and then claims that the item has never been received to return it later. It costs companies a huge cost.
These frauds can be prevented by keeping a regular check on the customers and by pointing out any suspicious activity and taking strict action against it.
eCommerce returns need to prevent as they leave a deep impact on the profit margin of the company.
To prevent these happenings on your eCommerce account, you can have guidance from the professionals of custom eCommerce website development in India.