Consult Piles Specialist In Amritsar To Treat Haemorrhoids
Are you having difficulty for a long time due to constipation or chronic diarrhoea? Well, these are the early signs of piles. Piles are the lumps that are formed inside and around the anus. The piles are also known as Hemorrhoids, which are swollen veins in the lower anus and rectum. Schedule your appointment with a Piles Specialist in Amritsar. The piles specialist is a medical doctor who is an expert in diagnosing and treating piles. Know more helpful facts regarding piles and the qualities of a piles specialist.
Definition of Piles:
Piles, also known as haemorrhoids, are mainly lumps formed inside the lower anus and around the rectum. The formation of lumps or swollen veins results in constipation, due to which sometimes bleeding starts during stool passage. They can be internal, inside the rectum, or external, under the skin around the anus. Piles can be caused by various factors, including straining during bowel movements, constipation, diarrhoea, pregnancy, and obesity.
Symptoms of piles: It may include rectal bleeding, itching, discomfort, and pain. In some cases, there may be no symptoms at all. If left untreated, piles can cause complications such as thrombosis (blood clotting) and infection.
Treatment options for piles: It includes lifestyle changes such as increasing fibre intake and drinking more water, over-the-counter medications, and procedures such as rubber band ligation, sclerotherapy, infrared coagulation, and laser treatment. In severe cases, surgery may be required. Contact the Best Piles Doctor in Amritsar to avoid any future complications.
Types of piles:
Piles are mainly of two types as described below:
1. Internal Piles:
Internal piles, also known as haemorrhoids, are common conditions in which the veins in the rectum or anus become swollen and inflamed. Internal piles are classified based on their degree of prolapse or the extent to which they protrude from the anus.
- First-degree piles are internal piles that do not protrude from the anus and are not visible. They may cause mild discomfort or itching.
- Second-degree piles are internal piles that protrude from the anus during bowel movements but return inside on their own.
- Third-degree piles are internal piles that protrude from the anus and must be manually pushed back into the rectum.
- Fourth-degree piles are internal piles that are permanently prolapsed and cannot be pushed back into the rectum. Internal piles are usually caused by increased pressure in the rectal veins, possibly due to constipation, diarrhoea, pregnancy, obesity, or other factors.
Symptoms of internal piles:
- It may include rectal bleeding, itching, or discomfort, which may be relieved by over-the-counter creams or suppositories.
- In severe cases, internal piles may require medical or surgical treatment.
- If you suspect you have internal piles, you should consult a doctor for a proper diagnosis and treatment plan.
Treatment of Internal Piles:
- To alleviate symptoms, your doctor may recommend changes to your diet and lifestyle, such as increasing your fibre intake, drinking more water, and avoiding prolonged periods of sitting.
- Medications, including creams or ointments like hydrocortisone or hemorrhoid cream, may provide symptom relief.
- Your doctor may also recommend stool softeners or laxatives to ease constipation and reduce strain during bowel movements.
- Sclerotherapy is when a chemical solution is injected into the internal pile to shrink it.
- Rubber band ligation is a procedure in which a rubber band is placed around the base of the internal pile to cut off its blood supply. The pile will shrink and fall off within a few days.
- Infrared coagulation is a procedure in which heat is used to shrink the internal pile.
- In severe cases, surgery may be necessary to remove the internal piles.
- Surgery is performed under general anaesthesia and may include a hemorrhoidectomy (removal of the piles) or a stapled hemorrhoidopexy (repositioning the piles).
2. External Piles:
- External piles, also known as haemorrhoids, are common conditions in which the veins in the anus or around the rectum become swollen and inflamed.
- They are situated outside the anus and are more painful than internal piles.
- They typically appear as small lumps or bumps that may be itchy or painful and cause bleeding during bowel movements.
- External piles are usually caused by increased pressure in the veins in the anus, which can be due to constipation, diarrhoea, pregnancy, obesity, or other factors.
Symptoms of external piles:
- It may include pain, itching, and bleeding around the anus.
- The lumps or bumps can be felt and are usually visible.
Treatment options for external piles:
- It includes over-the-counter creams and ointments, sitz baths, and topical medications. In some cases, external piles may require medical or surgical treatment.
- If you suspect you have external piles, you should consult a doctor for a proper diagnosis and treatment plan.
- If left untreated, external piles can become severe and cause complications such as thrombosis (blood clotting) or infection.
- It is important to consult your doctor if you have severe pain or bleeding or if your symptoms persist despite treatment.
Laser Treatment For Piles In Amritsar:
- Laser treatment is a modern and minimally invasive method for treating haemorrhoids (piles).
- It is a procedure that uses a laser beam to shrink and destroy the hemorrhoidal tissue.
- This treatment can be performed for both internal and external haemorrhoids.
- Laser treatment for piles has several advantages over traditional surgical methods.
- It is less painful, has a faster recovery time, and has less bleeding and risk of complications.
- It is done with a local anaesthetic, and recovery is faster than traditional surgery.
- The procedure typically takes 30 minutes to an hour, and patients can return to normal activities within a few days.
- Laser treatment is considered safe and effective for the treatment of haemorrhoids.
- However, as with any medical procedure, risks and potential complications should be discussed with your doctor before undergoing the treatment.
- It’s important to note that laser treatment is not a cure for piles, but it can alleviate symptoms and reduce the size of the haemorrhoids.
- The treatment is usually recommended for patients who have tried other methods without success or for patients with severe haemorrhoids.
Last but not least, book your appointment by consulting the piles specialist of Best Hospital in Amritsar.
Qualities of a Piles Specialist
Here are some qualities that a good piles specialist should have:
- Expertise and experience: A good piles specialist should have extensive knowledge and experience in diagnosing and treating haemorrhoids. They should be well-versed in the latest medical and surgical treatments available and be able to provide accurate diagnoses and personalised treatment plans.
- Good listener: A good piles specialist should take the time to listen to their patient’s concerns and symptoms and provide detailed explanations of the diagnosis and treatment options.
- Compassionate: A good piles specialist should understand and empathise with their patients and provide them with emotional support and guidance throughout their treatment.
- Good communicator: A good piles specialist should be able to communicate effectively with their patients and provide clear and concise explanations of the diagnosis and treatment options.
- Accessible: A good piles specialist should be accessible to their patients and provide prompt follow-up care and support.
- Continual learning: A good piles specialist should keep up-to-date with the latest research, treatments, and techniques in the field of haemorrhoids to provide the best possible care for their patients.
- Adept at handling complications: A good piles specialist should be able to handle complications and emergencies that may arise during or after the treatment.
- Board certified in the relevant field: A good piles specialist should be board-certified in their relevant field, such as proctology, colorectal surgery, general surgery, etc. Remember that a good piles specialist should have the combination of expertise, experience, compassion, listening, and communication to provide the best possible care for their patients.
Last but not least, Piles is a common problem nowadays among individuals. To prevent bleeding and pain during stool pass, the individual should consult the piles specialist as soon as possible to avoid any risk complications. Schedule your appointment with the Piles specialist in Amritsar for safer and trusted medical services.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s):
Ques: What are the symptoms of Piles?
Ans: The symptoms of piles mainly include rectal bleeding, anal ache pain, painful bowel movements, painful lumps near the anus, discomfort while sitting, and so forth.
Ques: What are Hemorrhoids?
Ans: Haemorrhoids, also known as piles, are usually lumps or swollen veins occurring inside the lower anus or around the rectum.
Ques: What are the technologies used for treating Haemorrhoids?
Ans: Laser treatment and Stapled hemorrhoidectomy are recommended as the Best Piles Treatment in Amritsar used to treat Haemorrhoids.
Ques: What is the main cause of Hemorrhoids?
Ans: The main cause of Haemorrhoids is inadequate fibre intake, pregnancy, being overweight, prolonged sitting, and age factor.