Cricut Explore Air 2 Setup: Beginners Guide for PC/Mobile
Hurray! Finally, you have got the Cricut Explore Air 2 to the machine. And if you want to know where you should start with this machine, then this blog post is going to provide complete info. In order to use it, you need to complete the Cricut Explore Air 2 setup. For that, Bluetooth pairing and downloading the Design Space app is necessary. If you do not know how to do these processes, then this post is going to offer a step-by-step guide to you. So, keep reading till the end to get started on your crafting journey.
Step 1: Connect Cricut Explore Air 2 to Your Device via Bluetooth
For Cricut Explore Air 2 setup, first, you need to connect the machine to a PC or smartphone device via Bluetooth. Hence, follow the below steps based on the device you want to pair your machine with.
- Firstly, attach the plug of the Explore Air 2 machine to a power source to switch it on.
- After that, bring the computer or mobile within the 2 meters (or 10-15 feet) range.
- Now, ensure that your computer or phone comes with Bluetooth connectivity. (If not, then you have to use the Bluetooth Dongle device in order to establish the connection.)
- On your PC, access the Device Manager and open the Settings window. (If you are using a Mac device, then go to System Preferences and click on the Bluetooth option.)
- After that, click on the Devices option.
- And then, make sure the Bluetooth is ON and then select Add Bluetooth or other device.
- On the next page, click on the Bluetooth option and wait for your device to search for the Explore Air 2.
- When the machine name shows up on the screen, click on it.
- If a prompt opens to ask you to enter the PIN code, then type 0000 and click on Connect.
- Now, the Bluetooth pairing of both machines will be complete.
- First, go to the Settings of your smartphone device.
- Tap on the Bluetooth and turn it on.
- Then, make sure the Cricut device is near your smartphone.
- Bluetooth will search for devices and show available ones.
- If your machine name appears on the screen, then tap on it.
- Furthermore, if it asks for a PIN code, enter 0000.
- Now, the Cricut machine will be connected to a smartphone.
Step 2: Download Cricut Design Space on Your Device
After connecting the machine to a device via Bluetooth, you need to download the companion app Design Space app. Here are the steps you need to follow to get the app.
- Begin with browsing the Cricut official website on your PC.
- Search for the Cricut Design Space App on the Apps section and click Download.
- Once the download is complete, double-click on the .dmg file.
- Also, you can open the downloaded file in the Downloads folder.
- Now, for macOS devices, you need to move the Cricut icon to the Applications folder to begin the installation.
- After that, in the Applications folder, double-click on the Cricut Design Space icon.
- When a confirmation pop-up appears on the screen to ask if you want to open this app, click Open.
- Lastly, the Cricut Design Space download will be complete and ready to setup the machine.
- First and foremost, go to the App Store and Play Store on your smartphone.
- In the search bar, write Cricut Design Space.
- Once the Cricut C icon appears on the display, tap on it.
- After that, select the Download or Get option.
- When the app download is complete, it will show on the home screen.
Step 3: Complete the Cricut Explore Air 2 Setup
Once the Bluetooth pairing is complete and you have the Cricut Design Space app, you can easily setup the Cricut Air 2 setup. Do as the following guide suggests to complete the setup process.
- On your computer or smartphone, launch the Cricut Design Space app.
- Next, enter the Cricut account info to sign into the account or create a new account.
- Now, when the app asks you to connect the machine, click on the Cricut New Machine Setup option.
- Then, click on your Cricut Explore Air 2 machine to connect it.
- When the connection is complete, you can perform a test cut.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Do Cricut Explore Air 2 Setup on iOS?
The process to setup the Explore Air 2 to iOS is as follows.
- Power ON the Cricut machine and bring it closer to the iOS device.
- Next, complete the Bluetooth pairing of both devices.
- After that, from the App Store, download the Cricut Design Space app.
- And then, on the app, sign in with the Cricut account.
- Now, choose the New Machine Setup option and complete the setup process.
What Device is Best to Setup the Cricut Explore Air 2 Machine?
You can complete the setup process of your Cricut Explore Air 2 Machine Setup on various devices such as computers, smartphones, laptops, and tablets. Also, for the setup, there is no restriction on the operating system as it supports Windows, iOS, Mac, and Android. However, you first need to check the compatibility criteria on the official website.
Why Can I Not Setup My Explore Air 2 Machine?
There could be several factors if you are getting the issue in the setup of the Explore Air 2 machine. The first one might be the compatibility of both devices. Plus, some other causes can be incorrect processes, weak network connection, using unreliable applications, and many others. Hence, to avoid mistakes in the setup process of the machine, you need to follow the right process.