Explain The Different Types Of Flanges Commonly Used In Industrial Applications.
Metalica Forging Inc is an industry leader Flanges Manufacturers in India. Flanges are crucial components in piping systems, and various types are used in industrial applications. Each type serves specific functions and is selected based on the requirements of the system.
Here Are Some Common Types Of Flanges Along With Their Specific Features And Uses
Weld Neck Flange (WNRF):
- Features: It has a long tapered hub and is designed to be butt-welded to the pipe. The flange neck provides reinforcement and reduces stress concentrations.
- Uses: Weld neck flanges are commonly used in high-pressure and high-temperature applications, particularly in critical process piping.
Slip-On Flange (SORF):
- Features: The flange has a slightly larger bore than the pipe, allowing the pipe to slip into the flange. It is then fillet-welded for a secure connection.
- Uses: Slip-on flanges are suitable for low-pressure and non-critical applications. They are easier to align and install, making them cost-effective.
Socket Weld Flange (SWRF):
- Features: This type has a socket for the pipe to fit into and is then fillet-welded for a strong connection. It provides good flow characteristics.
- Uses: Socket weld flanges are used in high-pressure applications and in situations where fluid purity is critical, such as in chemical and petrochemical industries.
Threaded Flange (THRF):
- Features: Threaded flanges have threads on the inner bore, allowing them to be screwed onto threaded pipes or fittings. They are easier to install but may not be suitable for high-pressure applications.
- Uses: Threaded flanges are used in low-pressure and non-critical applications, especially in smaller pipe sizes.
- Features: Blind flanges have no bore and are used to close the end of a pipe system. They are usually bolted in place.
- Uses: Blind flanges are used to terminate a piping system temporarily or to block off a line for maintenance. They are also used in pressure vessel openings.
Lap Joint Flange (LJF):
- Features: Lap joint flanges consist of two parts – a stub end and a backing flange. The stub end is welded to the pipe, and the backing flange is free to rotate.
- Uses: Lap joint flanges are used in systems requiring frequent dismantling, such as in water treatment plants and food processing.
- Features: Orifice flanges have a smaller opening to accommodate an orifice plate, which is used to measure the flow rate of fluids in a pipeline.
- Uses: Orifice flanges are common in flow measurement applications and are widely used in industries like oil and gas.
Ring-Type Joint Flange (RTJF):
- Features: RTJ flanges have a groove to accommodate a metal ring gasket, providing a secure and leak-proof seal under high pressure.
- Uses: Ring-type joint flanges are used in high-pressure and high-temperature applications, such as in oil and gas pipelines.
Best Flanges Manufacturers in India
In the industry, Metalica Forging Inc. is the leader in Flanges Manufacturers in India. Our company makes industrial pipe flanges in sizes ranging from 12″ NB to 48″ NB.
Metalica Forging Inc is the top Flange Supplier in India. We meet the high satisfaction of global demand by providing our clients who are spread across five continents and over eighty nations with services. Our Mild Steel, Carbon Steel & Stainless Steel Flanges are reputed and well-known across the globe for their reliability and quality. We regard our customers as partners in the delivery of our goods and services.
In a number of Indian cities, we manufacture flanges.
For More Detail
Product Information: Flange manufacturer in India
Other Product: JIS Flanges Manufacturer in India.