Aluminium 5086 Flat Bars
Aluminium 5086 flat bars are high-strength and corrosion-resistant rectangular bars widely used in marine, transportation, and construction industries. They come in various sizes and dimensions, and are easy to machine and fabricate. They are commonly used in boat building, transportation vehicles, and building facades, as well as in pressure vessels, storage tanks, and structural components. Factors such as required strength, corrosion resistance, and environmental conditions must be considered when selecting the appropriate alloy grade. Compared to other aluminium grades, 5086 Flat Aluminium Bar offer higher strength and better corrosion resistance, making them ideal for applications where durability and long-lasting performance are required.
Aluminium 5086 flat bars have several properties that make them a popular choice in various industries. Some of the key properties of aluminium 5086 flat bars include:
- High Strength: Due to their excellent strength-to-weight ratio, aluminium 5086 flat bars are the perfect choice for applications that call for strength without adding a lot of weight.
- Corrosion Resistance: Aluminium 5086 flat bars have exceptional corrosion resistance, especially in maritime conditions, because to the addition of magnesium to the alloy.
- Weldability: Aluminium 5086 flat bars may be easily welded using several processes, including gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), and shielded metal arc welding (SMAW).
- Machinability: Flat bars made of aluminium 5086 are easily machined utilising common machining techniques like milling, turning, and drilling.
- Formability: Aluminium 5086 flat bars can be bent and moulded into a wide range of shapes and sizes utilising techniques including roll forming and bending.
- Thermal conductivity: Due to their excellent thermal conductivity, aluminium 5086 flat bars are perfect for applications requiring effective heat transfer.
These properties make 5086 Flat Aluminium Bar suitable for various applications, including marine and transportation industries, construction, and architectural applications.
Machining and Fabrication
It is simple to mill and fabricate aluminium 5086 flat bars utilising a variety of methods, including sawing, shearing, drilling, bending, and punching. During the machining process, material is removed and the bars are shaped to the desired dimensions using cutting instruments such lathes, mills, and grinders. This makes them suitable for usage in a multitude of applications in the marine, transportation, and construction industries.
Availability and Sizes
There are numerous sizes and dimensions of aluminium flat bars 5086 available. The bars typically have widths between 1/8 inch and 12 inches, and between 1/4 inch and 6 inches in thickness. In order to satisfy the particular needs of various applications, they are offered in both standard and custom lengths. Manufacturers can easily locate the ideal aluminium 5086 flat bars for their unique applications thanks to the variety of sizes and specifications available.