Getting unexpected error 5 when calling Net Share Get Info for Path – Fix it now
QuickBooks 5 unexpected errors often appear when QuickBooks database service users have restricted access to file locations. It appears on the screen with the QBW Error warning message “You encountered unexpected error 5 when calling NetShareGetInfo for Path”. You may encounter such problems due to invalid entries in the Windows registry or due to system configuration problems. This error basically means that the software has encountered a serious application problem and you may encounter this problem when trying to save a company file. Many factors can cause such errors. To know what they are and all the steps you can take to get rid of them, just read this section very carefully. You can also contact our QuickBooks Desktop technical support experts at +1-844-405-0907 and avail their help in eliminating the problem from its root cause.
When encountered, message appears as:
Error: Encountered Unexpected Error 5 in call to NetShareGetInfo for path\\server\file.QBW
Error: An Unexpected Error Occurs “Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions: Contractor 16.0”: V26.0D R3 (M=1066, L=335, C=249, V=0 (0))
You can apply the methods listed below to get rid of that error:
Method 1: Download and install QuickBooks File Doctor
- Users can download and install Doctor QuickBooks file from Intuit’s official website.
- Next, complete the on-screen installation steps.
- Now run the tool.
- And let the tool check system files and folders and correct storage settings accordingly.
- Users can now access and control the system through permission level settings.
- And it is also possible to repair and locate damaged files in QuickBooks software.
Method 2: Recreate the user
- Here the user needs to go to the users and roles section.
- Now create a new username for the new user.
- Then, create a new password and confirm.
- Set up user roles and click the OK
At the end of this segment, we believe that the information shared above can be of great help in eliminating unexpected error code 5 or access denied from the root cause. However, if you continue to encounter unexpected errors, in which case you should consult our QuickBooks technical support team at +1-844-405-0907. We are a team of QuickBooks certified experts working around the clock to provide immediate assistance and support. Please share your questions and requests with our team.