How does a hot wire cutter for a PET bottle works?
The structural integrity of PET bottles plays an efficient role in determining their strength. These PET bottles should be cut for section-weight analysis in order to examine their structural integrity. Cutting the bottles into sections allows for a more detailed examination of the bottle’s physical characteristics, such as the thickness of the bottle walls and the weight of the sections. Thus, we at Presto have designed high-quality lab testing equipment known as hot wire bottle cutter. This is one of the high-quality testing equipment that is used to test each and every section of PET bottles by accurately cutting them.
In this blog, we will discuss brief information about hot wire cutter and how this quality lab testing equipment works to accurately cut PET bottles. So, let us get started with why section-weight analysis of PET bottles is important.
Why PET bottles should be tested for section-weight analysis?
PET bottles are made from strong and lightweight plastic that can easily be molded and shaped into different-sized containers. However, PET products can vary greatly in terms of quality and strength. That’s why it’s important to test PET bottles with a section-weight analysis.
In this quality test, different sections of PET bottles should be tested to determine the uneven thickness, or faults present in them. The section-weight analysis involves measuring the weight of a small section of the bottle wall. This measurement is then compared to the average wall thickness of the bottle. If the section weight is significantly different from the average, it indicates that there may be an issue with the manufacturing process or the quality of the materials used.
Thus, you can perform precision bottle cutting with Presto Bottle Cutting Machine. We have designed this high-quality lab testing equipment effectively and ensure that quality PET bottles will be delivered.
Testing PET bottles with section-weight analysis is important for ensuring that they meet standards for quality and safety. This type of testing can help to identify potential problems early on before bottles are put into use. It also allows manufacturers to make necessary adjustments to their processes in order to produce consistent, high-quality products.
Now, let us discuss brief information about this quality testing equipment.
Presto hot wire bottle cutter: Best laboratory testing equipment to produce highly accurate lab testing results
We all know that PET bottles are effectively used in different industries to deliver items accurately to customers. Thus, to test the structural integrity of PET bottles, one can easily test the quality of PET bottles and ensure that quality materials will be delivered to the customers.
We at Presto have designed this quality testing equipment that can easily cut the PET bottles accurately and helps to ensure that PET bottles will be sent to the customers in an accurate manner. This quality testing equipment will help the manufacturers to conduct section-wise weight analysis tests and let them cut the bottles accurately for section-wise weight analysis.
With the help of this quality lab testing equipment, one can easily cut hard-to-cut bottles and ensure that quality materials will be delivered to the customers.
Now, let us discuss brief information about the features and technical specifications of this quality testing equipment.
Features of Presto hot wire bottle cutter
The Hot Wire Cutter provides a simple and affordable way to cut plastic containers for section weight analysis. By utilizing heated wires, this laboratory testing equipment will efficiently slice through the bottles and will produce precise cuts without any distortion of the sections.
There are various features one can get with the use of this quality testing equipment. Below we have listed the features of this testing equipment:
- Strong clamping holder for zero slip gripping support
- Digital Display of heating for accuracy and repeatability
- Rapid heat up of wires for sample cutting
- Precise measurement of test sample section weight analysis
- Length, Width adjustable clamping mechanism to hold the different sizes of bottles
- Inbuilt with cutting wire tension adjustment
- Equipped with Variable Voltage Potentiometer for heat control
- Strong and rugged base plate
- Available in a 2-wire and 3-wire configuration
- Adjustable fixture to test different size test bottles
Technical specifications of Presto hot wire bottle cutter
- Bottle Neck Holder: 21.74 mm (Other Sizes available on request)
- Heat Control: Variable through Port
- Heating Method: Kanthal Element wire
- Power: 220V, Single phase, 50 Hz
- No. of Heating wires: Standard 2
- Maximum Diameter of Bottle: 130 mm
- Sample Cut length: Adjustable min. 60 mm & Max. 320 mm
With these features and technical specifications, one can perfectly cut bottles with the help of this quality testing equipment. Now, let us discuss brief information about how to test the bottles accurately with a PET bottle cutter.
How to test the bottles accurately with a PET bottle cutter?
Whenever you make use of this quality testing equipment, then you need to place the specimen accurately. This will give you highly accurate lab testing results. To conduct the hot wire bottle test using this quality testing equipment, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all plug in the main cable lead in the socket present at the back of the machine.
- Then plug the machine into a 5 amp, 220 Volts AC. Turn the machine ON.
- Take the wire frame upwards to place the specimen on the holding fixture.
- Place the bottle you want to cut on the placement fixture of the machine.
- Insert the Bottleneck into the bottle holder. Adjust the height of the bottle holder according to the diameter of the bottle with the help of the height-adjusting knob. Make sure that the bottle reaches the end point of the holder.
- Now adjust the length of the fixture with the help of the rotating knob given on the fixture.
- After adjusting the length, now adjust the width of the fixture according to the specimen diameter with the help of rotating knobs on the fixture.
- Adjust the length between the cutting wires with the help of the length-adjusting knobs given on the holding bush of the cutting wires.
- Now place the wires exactly on the marking on the bottle made during the preparation of the specimen. Make sure that the wires are placed perfectly straight and follow the measurements of the measuring scale provided on the frame.
- If the wires are placed tilted or in the wrong position, the bottle will not be cut perfectly straight.
By following these steps, one can ensure that PET bottles will accurately be cut. You can commence the test easily and ensure that quality products will be delivered to the customers. To conduct a free sample testing session for the use of this quality testing equipment, give us a call at +91 9210903903 or email us at [email protected]. Our team of technical experts will consult with you regarding all your queries.
Learn More- hot wire cutter for a PET bottle works