Pamper Yourself with a Manicure Session with these Easy Steps
Nothing can ever lift your mood the way a manicure session does. And if you are someone who is a nail addict and likes to keep their nails immaculate, no matter what your mood or occasion is, then a manicure is a necessary ritual for you.
Freshly and nicely painted nails not only earn you ten points in grooming but also give an instant lift to your mood. You can easily combat Monday blues and take over the day with freshly manicured nails.
So, here’s an easy guide on how to do a manicure yourself at home and still get salon-like nails. Take some time off for this self-care activity and indulge yourself in your journey to beautiful nails.
Things you Need for a manicure at home
Let’s first give you a list of all the nail supplies you should have for a full-fledged manicure session:
Acetone-free nail polish remover along with cotton balls
DIY Cuticle Oil with Vitamin E capsules and almond oil
Any moisturizing cream
Non-toxic and vegan nail polish
Glitter effects nail polish
Now let’s get to the real game.
Easy Manicure-at-Home Steps for Nail Lovers
Here’s how you can get salon-like nails with the following steps:
- If you have nail polish on, make sure you take it off completely before beginning your manicure session. Use an acetone-free nail polish remover to remove the nail polish to prevent your nails from becoming hard and brittle.
- Now that your nails are clean, it’s time to give them a proper shape. Firstly, buff your nails to make the surface of your nails smooth. Buffing helps to brighten up your nails as well, making them look even prettier.
- Clip your nails with a nail clipper. And then file your nails to give them the shape you desire. Use a nail filer for this and move it gently in one direction.
- Take some lukewarm water and put a drop of shampoo in it. Soak your freshly cleaned and shaped nails in the water for at least a minute or so. This will help to remove dead cells, ensuring cleaner and healthier nails. If you are thinking of pushing your cuticles back, then you can’t afford to miss out on this step as it will soften your cuticles, making it much safer and easier for you to push them.
- Make a cuticle oil yourself. Poke a Vitamin E capsule and extract its contents. Mix it with almond oil and rub the mixture on your cuticles. Now taking a cuticle pusher, gently push back your cuticles. You can also skip this step because cuticles protect your nails from infection and it’s always advised to not push or clip them.
- Take any cream and moisturize your nails with it to prevent them from drying.
- When choosing nail paint, make sure that you go for a vegan and non-toxic formula that is long-lasting and chip resistant. Such nail polishes do not harm your nails and also ensure the color’s longevity on your nails.
- Now take a nail lacquer in a color of your choice. Make sure when you take out the brush, you wipe off the excess against the rim of the bottle.
- Let’s start from the center. Move your brush up starting from the base till the top. Repeat the same steps, that is starting from the base and pushing the brush upwards, on both sides as well. This will give a salon-like finish to your nails.
- For more opaque coverage, apply one or two more coats in the same way.
- How about glitter nails? Take a nail polish that has glittery effects suspended in a transparent base. Apply the glitter nail polish after the previous coats have dried up. In the same way, described above, apply the glitter nail polish for a party-like and blingy effect.
- Let the nail lacquer dry. Flip carefully through magazines, watch the television, or listen to soothing music as you sip on that orange juice. Immerse yourself completely in this self-care experience.
- No one is perfect so you must have gotten some color on the skin around your nails. Don’t worry about that because you can easily remove those spills. Dip a Q tip in the nail polish remover and gently rub it over the color spills.
Wrapping it Up:
Your manicure is done. Now, all that’s left for you to do is post a killer snap of your amazing nails and flaunt them to your friends and acquaintances. Get all the aforementioned nail supplies for your manicure online and paint your way to killer nails.