Steps to Protect Your Child’s Eye and Vision
Children. They are carefree, aren’t they?
They are fragile and need a lot of care as they grow. They grow up very fast, from crawling to walking in just a blink of an eye. And when we talk about eyes, children’s eyes develop rapidly in the first few years of life, and early intervention can prevent vision problems from becoming permanent.
Giving extra attention to your child’s eye health can make a huge difference. It will get easier for the parents to differentiate and catch eye problems early while their eyes are still developing.
If you notice any changes in their eyes, make sure you consult the best child eye specialist in Mumbai for assured and quality treatment.
Did you know?
Smoking during pregnancy can harm your child’s eye. It also increases the risk of premature birth. In some circumstances, actively smoking while being pregnant can provide a greater threat to the unborn child, who is most likely to have bacterial meningitis and experience severe vision loss or maybe blindness in one or both eyes.
Things to Know About Your Child’s Eye and Vision
- Parents should be aware of the signs of vision problems in children, such as squinting, rubbing eyes, and frequent headaches.
- Children today spend more time in front of screens than ever before, which can have a negative impact on their vision.
- Excessive screen time can cause eye strain, dry eyes, and headaches and interfere with the development of good visual habits.
- Children should wear protective eye gear during sports and other physical activities to prevent eye injuries.
- First and foremost, ensure that you take your child for their first eye exam at six months and continue to have regular check-ups every 1-2 years. Finding an eye hospital is a task. Don’t worry, Arohi Eye hospital is one of the best eye hospital in Mumbai, offering the utmost safety and ensuring that your children are in good hands.
- As children grow, majority of them experience farsightedness. This problem can be corrected with the help of eyeglasses.
- Spending some extra time outdoors in sunlight can help prevent nearsightedness in children.
- A well-balanced diet that is rich in nutrients with vitamins A, C, and E can help maintain good eye health in children.
Over to you
As parents, it is essential to be extra careful when it comes to their child’s vision. The child’s future is heavily influenced by their vision, and even a minor setback can have an enduring impact on their life. Visit Arohi Eye Hospital and get in touch with their experienced eye doctors, that can give you better insights regarding your child’s vision. If you are looking for Paediatric ophthalmologist near you, All you need to do is search for an ‘eye doctor near me’ on Google, or you can visit Arohi Eye Hospital for assured and quality treatment.