Looking for a taxi license called a TLC license in NYC? The taxi license referred to as a TLC license in NYC means the license given by the Taxi and Limousine Commission of New York City that is required to drive a medallion yellow cab or a black car limousine in the five boroughs of New York City.
To get the license you need a TLC medical exam. Getting the license to drive a yellow taxi in New York City is referred to as a hack license. This license provides access to the famous New York City yellow taxi cabs. Work either the day shift or night shift. Do not feel like driving? No problem. Take the day off and show up the next day because you are your boss. Job security is based on how good your driving record is. In other words, the better you drive, the more desirable you are for operating the yellow cab in NYC.
Here are the steps for getting the taxi license referred to as a TLC license NYC:
- Defensive Driving Class – getting the taxi license starts with attending a six-hour defensive driving course. This class can be taken at the Master Cabbie Taxi Academy, the largest of the New York City Taxi Institutes.
- Medical Exam Form Completion – before applying with the TLC, a taxi driver applicant must have a simple medical exam done by a New York licensed doctor. Master Cabbie can schedule this inexpensive exam for you if you want.
- Prepare Application Papers – the next step in getting the TLC license NYC is to file the application for the taxi license NYC with the Taxi and Limousine Commission licensing division. At the time of filing, fingerprints will be taken and a background search done by TLC. Once the application is submitted, a taxi license applicant is required to take a drug test at a laboratory designated by TLC.
- Attend Taxi License School – the next step in getting a taxi license is to attend classes. The classes will cover subjects such as NYC geography, TLC regulations, and customer relations for the taxi license driver.
- Pass the Test – After taking the classes, the applicant must pass the New York City Taxi Operators written examination. The test has thirty questions related to English proficiency and fifty multiple-choice questions about New York City taxi cab knowledge that has been learned in taxi school.
Why do New Yorkers and tourists alike take taxis in NYC?
It is easy and convenient! More than 13,000 yellow cabs are operating in NYC and the taxi licensed drivers give more than 225,000,000 rides a year at an average of about nine dollars per ride.
Having a TLC license in NYC and driving a taxi is an excellent way to make a living. With the dollar at a low level against many other currencies, New York City is setting records each year with the number of visitors coming to enjoy the city.
Add the convention trade, the theater district, and the newly expanding upper-income neighborhoods outside Manhattan, it is easy to understand why holding a valid taxi license NYC can provide a meaningful income. Recent adjustments to the fare structure by the NYC Taxi & Limousine Commission have increased taxi driver income to the highest level in decades.
If you want to get the TLC license in NYC, Master Cabbie can help make it happen for you. If your English language skills are not the best, the Master Cabbie staff can support your preparation with unlimited special classes. If having the ai license in NYC appeals to you, contact the staff of Master Cabbie and get started today.