If you’re looking for a vacation where marijuana is legal, you’ve come to the right place! In this article, we’ll tell you about some of the best weed-friendly vacation spots in Canada. From ski resorts to lakeside towns, we have a pick for everyone.
What is a Weed Friendly Vacation?
- If you’re looking for a marijuana-friendly vacation, there are plenty of places to choose from in Canada. From B.C.’s Okanagan Valley to Quebec’s Côte-Nord region, there are plenty of great spots for cannabis enthusiasts to enjoy their getaway.
- While some provinces have legalized the recreational use of cannabis, others haven’t yet followed suit. That means that certain areas may be more tolerant of marijuana use than others. Regardless of where you go, be sure to abide by local laws when it comes to marijuana use.
- If you’re interested in learning more about weed-friendly travel destinations, check out the website The 420 Traveler. They have a wealth of information on different Canadian provinces and the types of accommodations available there that are friendly to cannabis users.
How Can I Find weed-friendly Vacation Places in Canada?
There are many great places to enjoy a weed-friendly vacation in Canada. Some of the best include:
- Vancouver, British Columbia – The city of Vancouver is known for its mild weather and its thriving arts and culture scene. It’s also a great place to enjoy a variety of cannabis products, including both medical and recreational marijuana.
- Toronto, Ontario – Toronto is one of the most diverse cities in North America, with a wide range of cultural attractions and activities available. As one of the largest metropolitan areas in Canada, it’s also home to many cannabis-friendly businesses and establishments.
- Ottawa, Ontario – Ottawa is known for its history and heritage, but it’s also home to some excellent cannabis-friendly spots, such as The Botanist Café and Lounge. This café offers both coffee and food items that are specifically designed to please cannabis consumers, while the lounge offers live music and other entertainment options.
- Montreal, Quebec – Montreal is one of Canada’s most cosmopolitan cities and it offers a huge range of activities and attractions for visitors of all ages and interests. One great option for those looking for a marijuana-friendly vacation spot is Le Club Medijuana, which offers various types of cannabis products as well as tastings from local producers.
Which Types of Vacations Are Weed Friendly in Canada?
There are plenty of great marijuana-friendly vacation spots in Canada, whether you’re looking for a relaxing getaway or to explore some new cannabis-friendly locale. Here are nine of the best:
- Victoria, British Columbia
This beautiful city on the west coast is home to more than just ocean views – Victoria also has a thriving cannabis culture. There are plenty of places to enjoy your herb here, from upscale dispensaries to local hash houses. Plus, the city has an abundance of tourist attractions and things to do, making it the perfect place to spend a weekend or longer.
- Kelowna, British Columbia
Kelowna is another BC city with a strong cannabis culture. The town features numerous dispensaries and grow ops, as well as award-winning edibles and top-shelf flower. If you’re looking for a laid-back getaway with plenty of amenities, Kelowna is definitely worth checking out.
- Vancouver, British Columbia
Vancouver is known for its stunning scenery and worldly atmosphere – both of which are sure to inspire thoughts of rolling up a joint while gazing out at the Pacific Ocean or Stanley Park. The city has dozens of dispensaries and growshops (both legal and illegal), making it one of the most diverse and interesting places in North America when it comes to weed tourism.
What Should I Bring on My Weed Friendly Vacation in Canada?
When traveling to Canada, it is important to be aware of the laws surrounding marijuana. In general, marijuana is legal in Canada for recreational use. However, there are a few specific places where marijuana use is not allowed. If you are travelling to any of these areas, it is important to know what you can and cannot do while on your weed-friendly vacation.
The province of Quebec has banned cannabis consumption in public spaces such as restaurants and bars. This means that if you are travelling to Quebec, it is best to abstain from smoking or consuming cannabis anywhere outside of your private residence.
In British Columbia, possession of up to 30 grams of dried cannabis is legal, although the sale and use of cannabis remains prohibited. It is also worth noting that while driving under the influence of cannabis is illegal in all provinces and territories, it is only illegal to operate a motor vehicle while impaired by THC in Alberta, Manitoba and Nunavut.
If you are looking for a place to enjoy your weed-friendly vacation without breaking any laws, the city of Vancouver offers an extensive list of public spaces where cannabis use is permitted. Additionally, many hotels in Vancouver allow guests to consume marijuana smoke indoors so long as it does not enter into public areas.
Whether you’re planning a relaxing holiday or trying out some new cannabis-infused activities, being aware of the local laws will help make your trip more enjoyable!
How to Enjoy My Weed Friendly Vacation in Canada!
If you’re looking to enjoy a weed vacation in Canada, here are a few places to start.
Vancouver: Vancouver is known for its green spaces and liberal marijuana laws. There are several dispensaries and coffee shops located throughout the city, making it easy to find something to your satisfaction. Plus, the Pacific Northwest weather is perfect for enjoying a cannabis-infused vacation!
Montreal: Montreal is also a great place to enjoy a weed-friendly vacation. The city has several dispensaries and coffee shops, as well as an abundance of green spaces perfect for smoking outdoors. Plus, Montreal’s French culture is sure to be a delight.
Quebec City: Quebec City is another great option if you’re looking for a weed-friendly vacation. The city has numerous dispensaries and coffee shops, making it easy to find what you’re looking for. Plus, the architecture of Quebec City is beautiful and greatly influenced by the French language.
Toronto: Toronto may not be known for its marijuana laws, but that doesn’t mean that it isn’t a great place to enjoy a weed-friendly vacation! The city has numerous dispensaries and coffee shops, as well as an abundance of parks perfect for smoking or lounging in peace.