Ways to Maintain Good Air Quality In Your Rental Properties
While more offices and commercial buildings are being sealed for greater efficiency, HVAC systems that circulate the air are also doing so with pollutants in the air. These poisons include secondhand smoke, dust, mold, radon, asbestos, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
By having a basic awareness of what these air pollutants are and how to protect yourself, you may enhance the indoor air quality in your rental house and boost your respiratory health.
What causes poor air quality?
There are a number of things that might cause problems with poor air quality, including:
- Inadequate ventilation: Indoor pollutants, such as carbon dioxide, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and other dangerous substances, can accumulate as a result of inadequate ventilation.
- HVAC systems with poor maintenance: Inadequately maintained HVAC systems can collect dust, mould, and other pollutants that can spread throughout the facility.
- Indoor pollution sources: Cleaning supplies, insecticides, and office supplies (including printers and copiers) are just a few examples of indoor pollution sources that can emit dangerous chemicals into the air.
- Inadequate management: Pollutants may be released into the atmosphere as a result of poor waste management techniques, such as inappropriate disposal of hazardous materials.
- High occupancy rates: High occupancy rates can cause carbon dioxide to accumulate, which can worsen indoor air quality and cause symptoms including headaches and exhaustion.
- Pollution sources outside: Poor air quality in office and commercial buildings can be a result of outdoor pollution sources including traffic and industrial activity.
- Building materials and furnishings: Carpets, furniture, and paint are examples of building materials and furnishings that can emit hazardous chemicals into the air, especially when they are brand new.
So, how to maintain good air quality?
Change air filters regularly:
To keep the HVAC system operating properly and efficiently, change the air filters frequently. Filters that are dirty can cause system clogs and lower air quality. The components that distribute air throughout the entire building are air ducts. Also, if these ducts are dirty or contaminated, they may be dispersing contaminated air throughout the building. The need for routine air duct cleaning arises from this.
Maintaining The Property:
Keeping a place clean is one of the most crucial things you can do to improve the air quality there. This may seem like a laborious task for some people, but it is crucial to raising the air quality. The carpets and furnishings are two of the most crucial components of a house to maintain cleanliness. It is advised to use vacuums, dusting pads, and cleaners to clean these items.
Do a radon test:
Check your property for radon, a radioactive gas that can build up in structures and pose health risks, especially in places with poor ventilation. . A radon mitigation system needs to be installed if a building site has significant levels of radon. The presence of radon may not have been appropriately mitigated in older homes since it may not have been understood at the time of construction.
Get an air purifier:
Purchasing an air purifier is one of the best ways to clean the air in a building. The effectiveness, size, and shape of these devices vary. These systems draw in the property’s polluted air and expel clean, fresh air.
By eliminating particles, allergens, and pollutants from the air, air purifiers help to improve the quality of the air in general. These can be especially useful in places with high levels of pollution, as well as in structures close to busy roadways or industrial zones. There are numerous varieties of air purifiers, including those with HEPA filters.
The size of the rental home and the number of occupants should be taken into account when selecting an air purifier. For the air purifier to function efficiently, regular maintenance and filter replacement are also required.
Generally, maintaining appropriate air quality in rental properties can be accomplished by employing an air purifier, particularly in places with high pollution levels or when residents have respiratory conditions like allergies or asthma.
Want to hire an air purifier?
Contact Climate Rental Solution for portable air purifier rentals. Be safe and keep your office, commercial building, employees, and customers safe too by implementing an air purifier, which you can hire from us.