What is Silhouette Cameo 4 Pro? [Features & Setup]
Handling the largest DIY projects with a new Silhouette Cameo 4 Pro plotter allows cutting width up to 24 inches wide. This machine has been manufactured by Silhouette Inc. It is one of the simplest tools among the schools as it is cost-efficient, light, and cuts different kinds of materials.
Moreover, this Cameo version comes with a free Silhouette Studio software sharing lakhs of designs, fonts and patterns with 100+ added each week. In addition to that, the designing software gives a 1-month free trial before subscribing to the plans. Furthermore, let’s take an overview of Cameo 4 Pro features and the setup process.
What are Silhouette Cameo 4 Pro Features?
Following this, some of the basics of this cutting machineare characteristics. Have a look at the points expressed in the section below:
- First, this Cameo series machine features high speed and multiplying force providing the ability to cut up to 3x faster than Cameo 3 and providing 20x more downward force.
- Second, the new smart tool dual carriage catches the tool available inside it by automatically changing the cutting setting in the design software. These tool detection sensors are available on an Automatic blade and blue Sketch pen adapter.
- Third, Cameo 4 Pro mat loading features allow the DIYer to push the control panel button to load the mat before the rollers start feeding it. Without the button, it would be impossible to load the material straight.
- Moreover, the series gives the freedom to cut various materials without using the cutting mat. In addition, it holds wireless Bluetooth technology for wirelessly connecting the machine with the craft plotter.
- Lastly, it can register and cut down printed materials and is compatible with PixScan technology.
Besides knowing about the 24-inch Cameo 4 Pro’s primary features, let’s continue by knowing the total number of items that will come with the cutting machine.
What Items are Included With the Silhouette Cameo 4 Pro?
While unboxing the box, the supplies that will accompany the Cameo 4 Pro include:
- Silhouette Cameo 4 Pro.
- Power cable & USB cable.
- Cameo Pro 4 cutting mat (24″ x 24″).
- Sketch Pen Adapter (blue adapter).
- Design Software (download & install).
- 100 updated designs (download).
- 30 days Design Studio subscription.
- Roll Feeder adjustable clip-on with media support block.
- 3 Pin UK plug.
- 2-year warranty.
This is followed by knowing about the supplies that will play a vital role; it’s time to take a step forward by learning about the setup process. Have a look at the section below.
How to Setup Silhouette Cameo 4 Pro?
Follow these steps to get aware of the Cameo 4 Pro setup process:
- In the starting step of the process, visit the Silhouette official portal.
- After getting linked to the home page, choose the language of your choice.
- Following this, press the Continue box.
- If you don’t have an account, click Create Account box.
- Inside the Account Sign-In pop-up window, enter the necessary details on the right side of the field.
- Next, select Create Account, visible at the bottom of the window.
- After pressing the box, your Account will be created, providing the login details.
- Next, you are supposed to register your machine by signing in to the page.
- For that, you’ve to click the Sign In box and note down your email address & password.
- Once you are signed in to the Account, enter the asked details and select the Continue option.
- Now, you’ve to download & install the designing software by choosing the type of software [Mac/Windows-64 bit & Windows-32 bit).
- Once the software is installed, tick Run for setting up & choose the Default Installation option.
- Followed by this, launch the software created from the desktop icon.
- Lastly, you’ll learn about the designing software by conforming and subscribing to the plan.
Besides finishing up the DIY cutting machine online setup process, let’s collect info about connecting the electric cutting machine with a PC for designing the project on designing software.
How to Connect Silhouette Cameo 4 Pro on a PC?
Apart from setting up Cameo 4 Pro with Windows/Mac, let’s get introduced with the process about the online connection process:
- First, unwrap all the equipment and place one piece of the power cord with the machine and the other with the power box.
- Second, hold on to the power cord and plug it into the wall outlet.
- Third, take the USB cable and insert it inside your Desktop port. After that, press the Power button to switch on the machine.
- Next, if you haven’t done the steps, open the design studio software and tick Send tab to open the Send panel.
- Once the craft plotter gets connected, it will display a Ready status.
- At last, press the machine icon and choose your respective machine to connect it properly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What is the Cost of Cameo 4 Pro & Where to Buy It?
Answer: The Cameo series hasn’t seen any changes in its prices since it was released in the market. However, it is available for pre-order with various offers on different online websites. An individual can buy an electric cutting machine from Amazon, India Mart and many more. Apart from that, all the users are informed to purchase it from the legal company.
Question: What is Design Studio Trial Subscription?
Answer: The Silhouette Design Studio is a one-stop store where the crafters will get all kinds of items that can be used while designing the project. It doesn’t matter whether you are a pro-level expert or a beginner. Your artistic skills will be shared with everyone during the trial days. However, once the 30 days free plans are complete, an individual has to pay to use other items available inside the library.
Question: How to Create a Design on Silhouette Design Software?
Answer: Read the following steps for creating designs on the designing app:
- Open the app and press the Create Design tab.
- Under the Menu tab, choose the design, text or design you want to upload on Canvas.
- After uploading the item, adjust the size and make the necessary modifications.
- Next, save the project with the name so you can access it easily during future references.
- If you are a paid subscriber, you can make the necessary modifications even after saving the project.