Hotmail, now termed Outlook, is a free webmail service provider that Microsoft offers. It includes the webmail interface that features a calendar, contacts, mail, and tasks services. Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith founded Hotmail in 1996, which was acquired by Microsoft in 1997. Today, we know Hotmail as Outlook and individuals and professionals across the world use it. The article is all about the Hotmail basics; you should take a look to improve your knowledge.
What is Hotmail?
It is the oldest and most free webmail service provided to the internet users. Linked with Windows, Hotmail lets us create the virtual mailbox ‘Windows Live ID.’ All you need is a username and password, and you can then access Hotmail along with other Microsoft products such as OneDrive, Xbox Live, Outlook.com, and many more.
How does Hotmail work?
To use Hotmail, you must create a Hotmail account, and then you can easily send and receive emails. Besides, in the Hotmail inbox, the unread emails are on top by default; you can change the settings as per your choice.
What are the Hotmail features?
Here is a list of some common Hotmail features. If you want to learn more about these, you can access the Hotmail website.
- Fast email service
- Microsoft’s support
- Personal folders
- Social links
How to sign up with the Hotmail account?
To use the Hotmail email, you must create a Hotmail account first. Besides, as Outlook is the latest version of Hotmail, you can create an Outlook account by following these steps:
- Go to outlook.com, and you will see the link ‘Create a free account.’
- Click on the link, and the sign-up page will appear.
- Now, you have to create an email address, and you will get the chance to choose your domain name.
- You can then create the password for your account and then complete the sign-up process.
- Now, use this username and password anytime to access your Hotmail account.
- Microsoft will further ask for some information and personal details; provide them if you want and follow the prompts to complete setup process.
Conclusion: By walking through the Hotmail Basic details above, you must be clear about how to start with Hotmail. For more information, you can speak to the Hotmail customer service directly. How do I get in contact with Hotmail? If you have any questions related to your Hotmail account, dial the Hotmail customer service number 1-877-696-7786 and speak with the agent in a few minutes.