DIY Home Appliance Repair: Microwave Oven Maintenance and Repair Tips
In this post, we will give you some helpful tips on proper repair and maintenance of your microwave ovens. These tips will also help you maximize device use while extending its life and efficiency.
1. Keep your oven clean. This applies to all the appliances you own. Dirt, dust, and other particles that adhere to the appliance or oven will cause the machine to physically deteriorate. If it remains impure, these particles or dirt will eventually become stains that will eventually eat away at the oven install.
2. Clean up all food spills in your microwave at once. Use a mild detergent and water when washing, and be sure to rinse and dry with a clean cloth at all times. Also clean around the edge of the door and its opening to prevent dirt buildup, preventing the door from closing tightly.
3. Thoroughly clean the interior walls of the oven. Dirty stains that have dried on the interior walls of the oven can be removed by placing sine water in a glass cup inside the oven. Bring to a boil for a few minutes, while boiling, a steam will fill the interior and loosen the dry soil. Leave it in the microwave for about five minutes and then dry it.
4. Make your oven odor free. To remove odors, clean the inside with a solution of 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 1 cup of warm water, then rinse and pat dry. You can also mix one serving of lemon juice and three servings of water in a large glass cup and boil for 3-5 minutes and then let it cool. Remove the water and then pat dry.
5. Always follow the manufacturer’s “Do’s and Don’ts Guide” and only use recommended cookware for microwave cooking.
6. Monitor your oven when you use it and follow the proper time allotment for each meal or dish you prepare according to the instructions.
7. Do not disinfect, dry clothes or other items in the microwave, otherwise you risk lighting the fire.
Finally, repair the oven if there are signs of rust inside. Eventually the time will come when certain damages or concerns can no longer be addressed with our hobbyist skills. When this time comes, feel free to ask for professional help. Have your oven checked and repaired by a reputable oven repair service company, to avoid further damage and unnecessary safety risks.