Are you interested in a job as a assistant, but without prior experience? No worries! This is a great career opportunity for anyone who doesn’t need any previous experience. Many people begin from basic level and build moneymaking careers.
A virtual assistant is often referred to simply as “VA”. This refers to a business entrepreneur who offers online business support utilities and business consulting to clients in different industries all over the globe on a virtual basis. The virtual assistant provides business services from anywhere in the world, including home.
The services provided by virtual assistants include administrative tasks, social networking, and teaching services.
The VA is capable of multitasking efficiently. The VA can handle the social media accounts of bloggers based elsewhere in the country. They also have the ability to manage back-office administration for travel life coaches based in Australia. These are just some examples.
Virtual assistants will need to create a LinkedIn profile.
LinkedIn connects professionals and newcomers in a specific field.
The LinkedIn is populated with bunch of professionals and experts in each industry. To keep updated, get in touch the experts.
Learning from and observing others is a great way to learn.
The VA offers remote services in four main divisions.
General Administrative services
- Below listed are a few admin services you can provide to your client as a Virtual Assistant:
- Cold calling, cold canvassing or calling to set up sales appointments or ask for donations from clients/prospects. To focus on the target audience, the Market Research is needed.
- Follow up regularly with clients/customers via online and offline correspondence.
- Electronic Calendar Management allows users to mark appointments and record events on an electronically managed calendar.
- File folder Management (manage and organize their files using Dropbox / Google Drive etc)
- Online google research for blog post topics, newsletters, gathering contacts etc.
- Hotel room and Flight travel Bookings
- Creating different reports on weekly/fortnight tasks, deliverables, sales, turnovers etc.
- Preparing Microsoft PowerPoint Presentations for their online courses, webinars, conferences or meetings.
- Recruitment and supervision of other remote employees such as a web designer or video editor.
- Personal jobs: Book restaurants and events, buy surprise gifts, book restaurants and events. Reserving tables for dinner. House shifting. Paying bills.
Digital Marketing Services
Digital marketing refers to the use of digital technology to market products or services. The technology mode, which can include mobile phones and other digital sources , is promoted in the internet.
Digital marketing strategies such as Search Engine Marketing or Search Engine Optimisation are spreading all over the globe. The varied options require the VA services.
Each digital marketing strategy has a lot of potential for improvement. Therefore, measuring each strategy is crucial.
According to Digital Marketing, Metrics matter everything and Analytics are king.
Here are some examples.
- SMM (Social Media Marketing) – Social Media Marketing is the usage of social media forums such as facebook, twitter, Instagram and websites or blogs to market a product or service. Online marketers promote products and increase brand awareness to consumers worldwide.
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization Search Engine Optimization is a practice used by SEO or ecommerce businesses to increase visitors, traffic, and populate websites. Both online and offline modes can be used to optimize your website.
- SMO (Social Media Optimization) – The Social media optimization is the process to increasing the brand name, awareness and popularity of the product across the social media platforms and groups to gain public attention.
- Facebook Marketing – The online marketers create brand popularity by creating a facebook pages and keep a regular follow up. Marketers create ads to gain popularity.
- Twitter Marketing- Online marketers can create brand recognition by setting up a twitter account and following up with them on a regular basis. The marketers create advertisements to gain popularity and view the followers.
- Instagram Advertising – The online marketers help to build brand recognition and popularity by creating an Instagram account. They also keep in touch with their followers. To gain popularity, marketers make advertisements and then view their followers.
- YouTube Marketing – The YouTube marketing allows the user to post videos and create virality across the million viewers. To create a YouTube channel, the user must post videos that relate to cooking, fashions, child psychology or hair dressing.
- Pinterest Market – Pinterest marketing uses Pinterest as a platform to increase product and business awareness. Pinterest is used for traffic generation and to draw attention to the site.
- email marketing – email marketing is sending messages or commercial content to clients via email. Email marketing is used to market the product or to pitch sales to the target audience. It also sends marketing collaterals.
- Branding: Branding actions by organizations are used to make them distinct from other emerging competition. The purpose of branding is to improve your position in the market. The marketers are responsible for the branding. They want to establish brand loyalty.
- Paid Advertising – Online marketers make use to publish paid advertisements on websites and in other search engines, to drive traffic.
- Content Management – Marketing content is transferred via online websites or social media.
Creative Job Suite
Here are some examples:
- Graphic designing
- Newsletter designing
- Web designing
- Create infographics
- Logo design
- Design of branding materials for new products and services.
- Video creation and editing
Online Education services
The teaching services can be divided into 2 broad categories:
1. LIVE mode allows you to offer teaching services
Tutoring school children online
Online tutoring English or any other language to students/working professionals/homemakers
2. Teaching services through video tutorials “How to”
Few real examples:
- How to create a profitable online course
- How to create graphics in Canva / Picmonkey/ Gimp Tools
- How to use Google Drive, Drop Box, or One Drive to store unlimited files
- How to make instructional movies
- How to bake pancakes, ice cream cakes, sugar-free cupcakes / whole wheat bread/cookies etc.
- How to make your hair look party-ready in only 15 minutes
- How to create fillable pdf workbooks and worksheets
- How to take professional pictures on Instagram / Facebook
- How to become an Amazon / eBay branded affiliate selling
- How to automate Pinterest advertising
- How to draw faces and images for comics books
- There are many online resources that can help you to learn about work from home opportunities. These jobs and opportunities can be tailored to your skills and interests.
Which soft-skills are most compatible with remote work?
These are a the mandate skills you need to work or employee long-term with profitable remote clients:
- Be Profession – You need to be more professional when interacting with clients.
- Don’t hesitate to take initiative – As a virtual business owner you must quickly analyse and comprehend the tasks and then take the initiative to ask any questions promptly without waiting for them to tell you.
- Problem-solving skills – You should be able to forecast a problem before it turns into a major crisis and is more expected to correspond the client with a happening solution.
- Efficiency – Your work efficiency will rise and your efforts to expand the business will be rewarded.
- Persistence – You may come across a strict time-bound assignment or a tough situation wherein you are required to devote extra time, effort and energy to complete the task. Your persistence and willingness to work hard in spite of all odds will make you trustworthy and reliable.
- Good communication – Clients require you to update them regularly with an open mind. Professionalism does not include asking clients to send reminders or asking questions about work updates.
- Task Organization Skills – You will be able to successfully manage multiple tasks and valuable client projects with your ability to plan ahead, follow schedules and keep your focus.
Which tools is the VA going to need?
Below are some tools and techniques you will need to be able to excel in order for you to take on client work.
- Google Docs – to create, edit and share documents
- DropBox – File sharing tool
- WordPress: For creating and managing websites
- Email market tool MailChimp.
- Social Media Management Tool – Hootsuite, Buffer
Many companies tie contracts with virtual assistants. These agencies are intermediaries that help people get jobs in the virtual assistant industry.
Follow these websites: Indeed, Upwork, Time, to search for virtual assistant jobs.
Check that the search terms or queries are appropriate to your field. Then, enter the what and where sections.
Virtual assistant holds job profile with multi-tasking potential because the job profile covers miscellaneous skills.
Virtual assistants provide technical and administrative support for finance, law, and start-up businesses. You can either start a virtual assistant company or work from home for clients all over the world.
You must upgrade yourself according your job profile.
The most highly-paid virtual assistants must dedicate their full-time to client support and web-designing.