Why in the online store, even though we have high traffic sales are low?
One day when I was checking the number of visits to some of the online stores I had previously designed, I found that one out of every 20 unique visitors bought about one of them, and another website bought one out of every 400 visitors. And another one out of every 1000 visitors had made a purchase (this is an approximate statistic. For example, if the daily visit of that site was 100 people and the number of people who bought on that day was 5, then we can say that out of every 20 One person has made a purchase). When I decided to find the cause of such huge differences, I came up with some interesting points that I will try to mention and examine in this article.
To clarify the matter, imagine that you own a shoe store on one of the central streets of Shiraz, and next to you is another shoe store. One hundred people enter your shop every day, take a look at the goods and their prices, and then leave your shop, but out of these 100 people, about 5 of them go shopping. Now, the shop next to you enters a hundred people every day, but 30 of them go shopping, what a huge difference! In this case, you will ask yourself why such a situation has occurred? Do you close your shop immediately and stop working? Absolutely not. You need to find out why this is so. What are the problems with your shop? Are the goods expensive? Is the shop decoration bad? Aren’t shoes beautiful?
In any case, you should try to find the cause of such a situation and then solve it, not that shut down your business.
Every disease has a cause that must be discovered, and every cause has a cure.
Obviously, an online store that buys one out of every 20 visitors will sell and will also generate much more revenue than a website that buys one in every 1,000 people.
Of course, both of these websites had worked hard for years to increase traffic, but the important point was that when the user entered their site, the first website was much stronger to attract the user to buy, but the second website was weak. It is certain that the second website, due to the non-observance of a series of principles, has wasted its efforts to increase the number of visitors, while with a little vigilance and accuracy, it could have sold and, as a result, achieved a high income. Many webmasters and online stores always tell me that the sales and revenue of our online store are very low. What is the reason? But they do not know where the problem comes from.
If your website is in the category of online businesses such as online stores or other non-free services and you have a large number of visits but you have low sales, we must first discover the reason for the low purchase rate and then proceed to treatment.
If this is the case for you, then your site conversion rate is low; This means that for a long time, very few of them have made a purchase from your online store, in which case you should find the causes of such a situation and then take action to eliminate them.
Overall, the number of processes that convert more visitors to customers to increase the conversion rate or increase the conversion rate to the client user is called.
Problems that prevent the user from becoming a customer:
In the following section, we have mentioned some of the reasons that may have caused such a situation, namely low sales versus high visits in an online store, and solving these problems will also increase the conversion rate of your store.
(Some of them were in the online stores I mentioned at the beginning of this article)
• The difficult process of registering users on the site.
• High complexity when buying goods from your online store.
• The hard process of finding a product on your website.
Lack of easy and optimal navigation on your website.
• Your website is not displayed properly on mobile.
• Website speed. Poor user interface
design (UI Design) so that this weakness has reduced users’ trust in the website. • weaknesses in the design of user experience (UX Design) • poor usability (Usability) • weakness inaccessibility (Accessibility)
• No online payment gateway from reputable banks.
• Lack of various payment methods.
Lack of a symbol (electronic trust symbol) and inability to gain the trust of users.
• Lack of comprehensive and sufficient descriptions for products.
• Lack of clear and accurate images for each product.
• Many errors in the technical specifications of products.
• Lack of support and quick response to users.
• Most products are not available for sale.
• Many problems in sending goods to the buyer.
• Lack of variety in some products.
• The huge price difference of your products or services with other competitors.
• Existence of low-quality products that do not match the price of that product.
• Lack of attention and non-response to users’ views and comments.
• Inadequate and poor packaging of goods sent to customers.
• Receiving other costs than the price specified for the product after the user selects that product.
• Not having sections about us and contacting us appropriately and comprehensively.
• Do not have a shopping guide or service guide in your online store.
• Inability to keep users on the site for a long time.
• Do not update the online store for a long time.
• Lack of a coherent plan to increase new products.
Reasons why your website will not sell
The fact that your site does not sell well depends on several factors, some of which are listed below.
- Your website has few visitors.
- Your website visitors that converts are not your target audience.
- Your product or service has not been introduced properly.
- Your product or service has a defect or problem.
- You did not market properly.
- Your website is not optimized for search engines.
- The sales process on your website is difficult or vague.
- Your website does not have a proper structure (appearance).
If you use targetedwebtraffic.com but a low conversion rate or a high bounce rate on the page where you expect users to stop and read it; there may be flaws in the design and appearance of the page that need to be addressed.