More than a third of the world’s food production is lost or wasted each year. Urgent measures must be taken since it is predicted that by 2050 waste will increase by 70%. As a consequence of this waste, the costs for consumers and industry increase and place a toxic burden on the planet.Taking measures to stop this scenario generates environmental and economic benefits, as well as an improvement in health for the most disadvantaged. It is urgent to reduce food waste and find new methods to deal with current waste around 687 million people go hungry each day, according to a report cited by the World Bank. E.g by the World Bank.. In the U.S alone, up to 40% of food produced is wasted.
More than half of the world’s food waste occurs at the consumption stage. The most efficient way to reduce this waste is to avoid it. Initiatives aimed at consumers are essential, such as awareness campaigns to mitigate excessive buying, keep food longer, recycle and not waste perfectly edible foods.Food waste management in india provides Solutions to this global problem that must be identified along the sector’s value chain. It is essential to understand where waste is created: in sourcing, production, processing, storage, transportation or retail.Technology is key to identifying and preventing possible waste.
There are different technological solutions to prevent or reduce food waste:
- Sensors and product labels. They can track food quality and make it visible in real-time. For example, battery-free Bluetooth tags detect moisture, a key indicator in food spoilage.
- Machine learning algorithms. They can be trained to assess food quality from sensor data.
- Please use RPAs (Robotic Process Automation) to apply them to the recommendation process.
- Advanced supply chain planning systems can simulate demand and can help prevent oversupply.
Some companies already use technology to provide information on the freshness of food.
Benefits of wastewater treatment
In addition to offering wastewater treatment plants, drinking water plants, aqueducts, sewers and special equipment, their service includes environmental consultancies as they intend to provide comprehensive solutions to your clients’ needs. Recycling plant installation consultancy is your ally in what has to do with the design of treatment plants, permit applications, and environmental management plans, among others.
Below they share some benefits of having a plant in your industry:
- Protects the environment and public health since wastewater is discharged into natural water sources such as lakes, seas and rivers, where they become contaminated with bacteria and viruses and accelerate the transmission of diseases such as typhoid fever, cholera, and hepatitis, among others.
- Long-term savings. Suppose it is true that the initial investment to build a water treatment plant can overwhelm many industrialists. The water can be reused for many years, allocating it to different areas of human consumption.
- Reusing treated water in crops, gardens, sports fields, parks, car washes, boilers, toilets, and bathrooms.
- They benefit ecosystems. Wastewater consultantsensure that the treated water can be returned to rivers, seas and lakes without any contaminant that can harm the surrounding ecosystem.
- Promotes water care to ensure this valuable resource for many more generations.
Wastewater treatment plant consultants are already more socially responsible industries that favour the preservation of the environment and are aware of the care of water and the shortage that it could have in the near future.