We have provided below the APEGS application process for engineer-in-training applicants who have an international bachelor’s degree in engineering. Here, it doesn’t matter whether you have a Canadian master’s degree or Ph.D.

Application process:

Review the full details of the process of application on the official website. After that, create a user account with APEGS.

You will have to check your email for an ‘APEGS sign-up verification’ from [email protected]. The link in this mail will take you to the Central homepage.

When you are on this page, get to the ‘Applications’ quick link on the left side of the page. After that, select ‘Apply Now’ and choose the ‘Geoscientist-in-Training Canadian Graduate’ application type. For the online submission of your application, pay the application fee by credit card. (See the official website to view additional payment options).

Apply to World Education Services (WES) for an ICAP course-by-course credential evaluation. After that, include APEGS as a recipient.

Read below to know more about Special Cases which only need a WES ICAP document-by-document assessment.

If you can’t obtain a WES assessment, contact APEGS to know more.

You have to send the following necessary documents to APEGS:

Resume (sketching technical engineering experience only)

Official Canadian Transcripts (if having relevant, Canadian and post-secondary education) issued directly to APEGS by the institution. It may be in the form of an electronic delivery system with support from the institution, such as MyCreds.

Remember: Transcripts need to include the degree issued and the date conferred.

If the date conferred is not on the transcript, you must also have the institution offer a letter directly to APEGS. This letter indicates that the requirements have been fulfilled for conferral.

The letter needs to have: your name, degree issued (including discipline), and date of conferral. This can be mailed directly to the authority by the institution to [email protected].

Evidence of Identification Form (fillable PDF having instructions)

When receiving your WES assessment (finding you need a full Academic Assessment), APEGS will add Self-assessment and Academic Assessment Fee. It will add the fee to your Requirements List in your online profile.

WES Details:

If any of the below-given four special cases apply to you, apply for the ICAP Document-by-Document Credential Assessment. Otherwise, you have to apply for the ICA Course-by-Course Credential Assessment.

Special Case 1:

You have a four-year bachelor-level degree in engineering (as per WES assessment) and a completed Canadian graduate degree in engineering. Your degree must have technical engineering content related to your bachelor-level degree.

Upon receipt of your WES assessment and Canadian transcript(s), APEGS will check to ensure that you qualify in this category. Or, it will make sure that you need to upgrade to the ICAP course-by-course credential assessment.

Special Case 2:

You possess a degree with accreditation under the Washington Accord mutual recognition agreement. Upon receipt of your WES assessment, APEGS will check to ensure you are eligible in this category. If you don’t, you need to upgrade to the ICAP course-by-course credential assessment.

Special Case 3:

You are a licensed Professional Engineer in the USA. APEGS will approve a National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) NCEES Record instead of the WES assessment.

It will accept NCEES experience records again as of September 24th, 2021, with the below-given additional requirements:

You must have some experience on the NCEES record from within the past two years. This experience must be validated by a PE with first-hand knowledge of that experience.

If a minimum of 1 year of experience is from within North America, 48-month experience credit will be approved.

In the case of no experience from within North America, 36 months of credit will be accepted. After that, you need to fulfill the Canadian Environment Competencies in the Competency-Based Assessment. You must fulfill them for credit for the final months.

If having some experience but less than 1 year from within the USA, all is up to ERC. It may decide whether you need to fulfill the Canadian Environment Competencies in the CBA system. (You should contact an APEGS expert to know more about the APEGS experience reporting task to have everything clear).

Special Case 4:

If having a professional engineering licence in Ireland, Hong Kong, Ireland, Australia, or Mexico, follow some instructions. These instructions will appear on the respective pages of the section on international mobility for the necessary documents. In addition, it will also let you know the application process.