Apple iPhone XS MAX
The iPhone XS Max debuted in 2018. It arrived with two other iPhones, the iPhone XR and the iPhone XS. It was the top-of-the-line model, and the most expensive iPhone ever made. Of course, the later models broke its monopoly over price and other specs.
The iPhone XS Max had some unique features that set it apart from its predecessors and peers. For the first time, Apple toyed with a bigger screen to compete with large-sized Android phones. The screen size was 6.5 inches, and the iPhone XS was 5.8 inches.
Its OLED panel with Super Retina HD display had a resolution of 2688×1242, which amounts to 458 ppi pixel density. The display had finesse and clarity, although it did not have the QHD resolution available in its arch-rival, the Samsung Galaxy S10. Still, it was ahead of other rivals like Huawei P20 Pro and the OnePlus 6.
Essential features of the Apple iPhone XS MAX:
- Device Type – 4G Smartphone
- Cores – Hexa-core
- Chipset – Apple A12 Bionic
- Cores – Quad-Core
- Camera – Dual 12 MP + 12 MP with Quad-LED and AF Rear Camera | 7 Megapixel Front camera
- Memory – RAM- 4GB | ROM 64GB/256GB/512GB External Memory Not Support
- Display – Screen size 6.5 inches OLED Display (1242 x 2688 Pixels)
- Battery – Non-Removable with 15 hours of Video PlayBack time
- SIM – Dual SIM (Nano-SIM + eSIM) | Dual nano-SIM Only Available in China
- Sensors – Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, Compass, Ambient Light, Gyroscope, Barometer, Infrared Face Recognition Sensor
- Colour – Silver, Gray, Gold
- Operating System – iOS 12
- I/O Interface – 1x Nano SIM Card Slot, 1xeSIM Card Slot, TF Card Slot, USB v2.0, Headphone Jack, Power Button, Volume Button, Microphone
- Dimensions – 77.4 mm x 157.5 mm x 7.9 mm
- Weight – 208 Grams (with Battery)
- More Features – Stainless Steel and Glass Body Design, Hexa-Core chip, LTE-A EV-DO Rev.A, HSPA+, Computer Sync, OTA Sync, Tethering, VoLTE Support, NFC, Liquid Retina HD Display, HDR10, Dolby Digital Plus, Stereo speakers, HAC (M3/T4) – Hearing Aid Compatibility, Document Editor, Qi Wireless Charging, Fast Charging, M12 Motion Coprocessor, Neural Engine (Eight-core design), 7 nm CPU Technology, IP68 Water and Dust Protection.
Pros and cons of the iPhone XS MAX:
- Outstanding display
- Long battery
- Incredible camera
- High built quality
- No headphone jack
Let us now discuss the phone in detail.
The phone’s design is beautiful and modern, with a sleek glass body and a stainless steel frame. The edge-to-edge display is stunning and offers an immersive experience when using the phone. The bezels are thin, and the device looks very premium.
The camera protrudes slightly from the back of the phone, giving it a unique look.
The 6.5-inch Super-Retina OLED display is vibrant and has great colour accuracy. It also supports HDR 10 content, making movies and games look even better. The display is beautiful, and the OLED panel offers great viewing angles and colour reproduction.
Even though the phone is on the larger side, it’s still comfortable to hold and use. The bezels are noticeably smaller than previous iPhone models, giving the phone a more modern look and feel. And despite its size, the iPhone XS Max is still surprisingly lightweight (208 g).
The iPhone XS Max is a great phone in terms of its camera. The phone has two 12MP cameras, one wide-angle and one telephoto. The wide camera has optical image stabilisation, and both have phase detection autofocus. The 2x optical zoom makes it possible to take great photos from a distance.
The camera also supports Portrait mode with advanced bokeh and Depth Control.
The TrueDepth camera on the front of the phone allows for Face ID and takes great selfies. It has a 7MP sensor with an f/2.2 aperture and Smart HDR for better lighting and details in photos. There is also a portrait mode with depth control, auto image stabilisation, and even Animoji support.
The iPhone XS Max is a powerhouse performer. It has a robust processor and ample RAM, which makes it one of the fastest phones on the market. The A12 Bionic processor can easily handle gaming and multitasking.
The iPhone XS Max features a 3174mAh battery, which significantly improves over the 2658mAh battery in the iPhone XS. In our testing, the iPhone XS Max lasted 11.5 hours of continuous web browsing over LTE, while the iPhone XS only lasted 10.5 hours.
The iPhone XS Max’s battery life is impressive compared to other flagship smartphones. For example, the Galaxy Note 9 only lasted for 9.5 hours in our web browsing test.
Software and security:
When it comes to software and security, the iPhone XS Max is a fully secure phone. It runs on Apple’s operating system, iOS 12, upgradable to iOS 16.2) and has many security features that make it a safe and secure device.
One of the most notable security features is Face ID. It allows you to unlock your phone using your facial recognition, making it difficult for someone else to access it. The iPhone XS Max also has a built-in fingerprint sensor for an additional layer of security.
In terms of software, the iPhone XS Max comes with several pre-installed apps designed to improve your experience. These include Apple Maps, Siri, iMessage, and more. You can also download additional apps from the App Store if you want to customise your phone further.
From where can you buy the iPhone XS Max?
Wise Market, Australia, is an online marketplace that offers refurbished, new and used smartphones, tablets, laptops and other devices. You can find great deals on iPhone XS Max here as the company offers everything at great prices and with the best terms and conditions.
Besides the most competitive price, you also receive a 13-month warranty and a 21-day money-back guarantee on all devices. Wise Market is a great resource for shopping tech products.