Calculating Systematic Withdrawal Plan Returns with a SWP Calculator
Systematic withdrawal plan is a suitable way for investment who are looking to earn regular returns on their investment. For example, individuals who are retired or those who do have stable income can opt for these investments. It helps them to manage their daily expenses. In this article, we will discuss what is a SWP, how to calculate the returns of an SWP using a calculator.
What is a SWP and SWP calculator?
A Systematic Withdrawal Plan (SWP) allows you to withdraw money from a mutual fund scheme at regular intervals. SWP Calculator is a handy tool that helps you determine the estimated returns generated from a mutual fund investment. SWP calculator helps an individual to make informed decisions and helps you to plan your finances well. However, you should keep in mind that the investment in the stock market is associated with high risk. So make sure to assess your risk appetite and investment objective before opting for any plan.
Steps to use SWP calculator
- Search for a SWP calculator on the internet. It is easy to use.
- Enter the investment amount which you want to invest. It is advisable to invest only when you have a considerable amount of money.
- Enter the withdrawal amount which you want to withdraw per month. You can opt to withdraw monthly/ quarterly or annually. You can opt to withdraw fixed amounts or capital gains only.
- Enter the expected rate of interest you can earn annually.
- Enter the time period of your investment.
- Once you have entered all the necessary details, the SWP Calculator will provide you with an estimated return on your investment along with total investment and total withdrawal amount.
Lets understand with an example, let say your total investment amount is Rs. 9,00,000 in nippon indias mall cap fund and withdrawal amount per month is Rs. 10,000. Assuming the expected rate of return per annum is 12.1% and the time period is 5 years. The final value is Rs. 7,87,854 and the total withdrawal amount is Rs. 6,00,000.
The calculator considers various factors, such as the investment duration, the mutual fund scheme’s performance, and the SWP frequency, to calculate the returns accurately. Also, make sure to consider the inflation rate when calculating returns.
The SWP Calculator is a helpful tool that allows investors to estimate their returns on mutual fund investments. By following the above steps, you can easily calculate the returns generated by an SWP investment. However, it’s important to note that the returns provided by the calculator are only estimates and may differ from the actual returns generated by the mutual fund scheme. It’s always advisable to consult a financial advisor before making any investment decisions.