EYELASH EXTENSIONS: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Eyelash extensions are a popular beauty treatment that can enhance the appearance of your eyes and give you a more glamorous look. If you’re considering getting eyelash extensions, you should know a few things before you make your appointment. At the Belle Brow Bar, we provide temporary and permanent eyelash extensions. Temporary lash extensions are only meant to last one or two days before falling out naturally. However, the goal of permanent eyelash extensions is to last up to four weeks before they fall out along with your natural lash line. We also provide a range of lash extension options, including volume lash extensions for a glitzier appearance and classing lash extensions for a more natural appearance.
Here are some essential considerations.
A variety of Lash Extension
Synthetic, silk, and mink eyelash extensions are the three basic types. There are three main types of eyelash extensions: synthetic, silk, and mink. Synthetic lashes are the most common and are made from plastic fibres. Silk lashes are lighter and softer than synthetic ones, while mink lashes are made from real mink fur and are the most natural-looking option.
The process of getting eyelash extensions typically takes around 1-2 hours. A technician will attach individual lashes to your natural lashes using a unique adhesive. The lashes will be placed strategically to create the desired effect, whether a natural look or a more dramatic, voluminous effect.
Eyelash extensions require some maintenance to keep them looking their best. You’ll need to avoid getting them wet for the first 24-48 hours after application and avoid rubbing your eyes or using oil-based products around your eyes. You’ll also need to brush your lashes daily to keep them neat.
Eyelash extensions can last for two to six weeks, depending on how well you take care of them and how rapidly your natural lashes grow. To keep the intended look, touch-ups could be required every few weeks.
The cost of eyelash extensions can vary depending on the type of lashes you choose, the salon you go to, and your location. On average, you can expect to pay anywhere from $100-$300 for a complete set of lashes.
While eyelash extensions are generally safe, there are some potential risks to consider. If the adhesive used to attach the lashes is not applied correctly, it can cause irritation or allergic reactions. The weight of the lashes can also cause strain on your natural lashes, leading to damage or even loss.
Eyelash extensions can provide several benefits. Here are some of the main pros of getting eyelash extensions:
- Enhance Your Natural Beauty: Eyelash extensions can enhance your natural beauty by making your eyes look bigger, brighter, and more expressive.
- Low Maintenance: Unlike mascara or false eyelashes, eyelash extensions require very little maintenance. Once they are applied, you can wake up every morning with beautiful, voluminous lashes without spending time applying makeup.
- Waterproof: Eyelash extensions are waterproof, meaning you can swim, shower, and work out without worrying about them falling off or smudging.
- Long-Lasting: With proper care and maintenance, eyelash extensions can last for several weeks, so you won’t need to worry about constantly applying mascara or false eyelashes.
- Customizable: Eyelash extensions come in a variety of lengths, thicknesses, and styles, allowing you to customize your look to fit your personal preferences and desired level of glamour.
- Safe: When applied by a trained and experienced technician, eyelash extensions are generally safe and comfortable. The adhesive used to attach the lashes is gentle and non-toxic, so that it won’t harm your eyes or natural lashes.
Overall, eyelash extensions can be a great way to enhance your natural beauty, save time on your beauty routine, and enjoy long-lasting, beautiful lashes.
While eyelash extensions can provide several benefits, there are also some potential downsides to consider. Here are some of the main cons of getting eyelash extensions:
- Irritation and infection risk – Irritation or infection may occur if the standards for appropriate cleanliness and application are not met. Before applying the extensions, the majority of lash experts recommend performing a “patch test” with the glue. They can perform a patch test to determine if you are allergic to the glue they want to use. Sometimes the glue’s ingredients can irritate the eyelid even in the absence of an allergy. Your eyes and eyelids are particularly vulnerable in this area, so the glue’s weight may also pull on your eyelashes and irritate them.
- The financial commitment- Like most things, the price of eyelash extensions varies depending on where you get them applied. Initial visits often cost between $100 and $500, and refills might cost between $50 and $150. If you stick to the suggested refill schedule every two to four weeks, you may expect to pay anywhere from $650 to $3,900 only for fills. When you take this into account, the price of mascara doesn’t appear as excessive..
In conclusion, eyelash extensions can significantly enhance natural beauty and achieve a more glamorous look. However, it’s essential to understand the process, maintenance requirements, and potential risks before you decide to get them. By doing so, you’ll be able to make an informed decision and enjoy beautiful, long-lasting lashes.