How To Declutter Your Home Before Selling It
Are you planning on hosting an open house when you go to sell your Glendora home? If so, you’ll need to stage it well. Staging is important for so many reasons. For one, doing this will beautify your home while increasing its value. One of the most important parts of the staging process is removing items you no longer need from your home. Here are a few pointers that should help you with the decluttering process.
For The Front Yard & Hallways
▪ Keep your front lawn trimmed and make sure your porch is in good condition.
▪ Ensure the front of your home is free of peeling paint, cracked walls, broken pots, and burdensome vines.
▪ Keep visual clutter—artwork, pictures, hanging hooks—out of the hallway.
▪ Having a coat rack hanging is important too.
▪ Make sure the living room furniture is arranged well; get rid of furniture you don’t need.
▪ You don’t want buyers to feel claustrophobic in your living room.
▪ The couch should be dusted and free of accessories.
▪ If you have an end table, put a vase on it (if you know you won’t knock it off accidentally).
▪ Update your magazine stack and arrange your bookshelves.
Note: If you’ve thought “Can I sell my house fast in Glendora without staging,” the answer is yes. Of course selling without staging beforehand may lead to a lower sale price. Or you could sell your home for cash and profit this way. This method is fast and will ensure more money gets put in your pocket.
▪ Keep your countertops and sink clean and clear.
▪ Get rid of unnecessary appliances.
▪ Ensure that you have taken pest control measures before the sale.
▪ Make sure the pantry and cupboards are in good shape.
▪ Keep the bathroom countertops free of any cleaning products.
▪ Ensure that the toilet, sink, and shower are clean.
▪ Buyers are attracted to homes that have sanitary bathrooms.
▪ Only have essentials in your home office, i.e. a desk, a chair, a light, and some bookcases.
▪ Entertainment rooms, playrooms, and home fitness centers should be empty.
▪ Clear out the laundry room, guest bedroom, and storage room.
Finally, go around your home and see if there’s anything you missed. If everything looks good, congratulations! Your home is now staged and ready for market.
Again, if this process is too much for you, you could always choose to sell your home to a trusted and reliable cash home buyer in Glendora. At Diamond Home Buyers Inc., we buy houses in Glendora, and we can close in less than 30 days. You don’t need to stage or remodel your home before selling. That’s because we buy homes as is!
The author writes about the real estate market in California and helps homeowners who are looking to sell a house fast in Glendora. Visit their website (https://www.diamondhomebuyersinc.com/) to learn more.