Top 10 Local Street Food in Malaysia in Year 2023
isakc, 2 weeks ago 2 min read 24
As a food critic and food writer, I have compiled a list of the top 10 local street food in Malaysia in year 2023, along with the best restaurant name and address for each dish.
- Char Kway Teow – This stir-fried noodle dish is a Malaysian favorite. Try it at Ah Leng Char Kway Teow in Penang at Kafe Khoon Hiang, Lorong Selamat.
- Nasi Lemak – This iconic Malaysian dish consists of coconut rice served with spicy sambal, fried anchovies, peanuts, and boiled eggs. Try it at Village Park Restaurant in Kuala Lumpur at 5 Jalan SS21/37, Damansara Utama.
- Roti Canai – This flaky flatbread is often served with a side of curry. Try it at Raju Restaurant in Kuala Lumpur at 205 Jalan Tun H.S. Lee.
- Satay – Grilled skewered meat served with peanut sauce is a staple in Malaysian cuisine. Try it at Satay Kajang Haji Samuri in Kajang at 2 Jalan Kelab, Kajang.
- Hokkien Mee – This stir-fried noodle dish is a specialty in Kuala Lumpur. Try it at Kim Lian Kee at 49-51 Jalan Petaling, Kuala Lumpur.
- Curry Laksa – This spicy noodle soup dish with coconut milk-based curry broth is a must-try. Visit Pudu Wai Sek Kai in Kuala Lumpur at Jalan Sayur, Pudu.
- Bak Kut Teh – This herbal soup with pork ribs is a popular breakfast option in Malaysia. Try it at Klang Bak Kut Teh in Klang at 59, Jalan Ipoh, Batu 4 1/2.
- Apam Balik – This sweet pancake-like snack is filled with peanuts, sugar, and sweetcorn. Sample it at Apam Balik Uncle in Kuala Lumpur at Jalan Pantai, Bangsar.
- Mee Goreng Mamak – This spicy fried noodle dish is a favorite among Malaysians. Try it at Mamak Mee Goreng at Jalan SS 15/4, Subang Jaya.
- Nasi Kandar – This is a popular Malaysian dish with steamed rice served with a variety of curries and side dishes.
These are just some of the many delicious Malaysia local foods. There are many other dishes to try, so be sure to explore and discover your own Malaysian food favorites!