The inception of DevOps is a very strategic move for today’s fast-paced digital era. Nowadays where every business is striving to stay on top of the competition, the success key doesn’t only lie on product or service quality but also depends on how it is delivered to the consumers. DevOps refers to a methodology that combines software development and IT operations to improve the process of product delivery. In this blog, we will shed light on why you should hire DevOps developers and how they work to increase the efficiency of software development. Let’s get started.
- The Rise of DevOps
- What is a DevOps Engineer?
- Roles and Responsibilities of DevOps Engineers
- Why Should You Hire DevOps Developers?
- How to Hire Skilled DevOps Developers?
- How Much Does it Cost to Hire DevOps Developers?
- Final Words
The Rise of DevOps
DevOps is a big move that has significantly transformed the way a software system is built and delivered. It makes a bridge between development & operations and fosters communication, collaboration, and automation throughout the software development lifecycle.
In today’s dynamic world where consumer demands are so high, modern businesses can’t afford to pay time for a long development cycle. The implementation of DevOps allows organizations and businesses to deliver software development solutions more reliably and faster.
What is a DevOps Engineer?
DevOps engineers are professional IT specialists who specialize in development and operations including automation, infrastructure management, system administration, DevOps toolchains, coding, and more.
They have a solid understanding of system architecture, administration, and provisioning. Skilled DevOps engineers play a big role in DevOps implementation and maintenance within the organization. They usually focus on the following tasks:
- Automating infrastructure through IaC (infrastructure as code) or Python scripting
- Configuring and managing a cluster of servers
- Developing and sustaining CI-CD pipelines
- Securing cloud services and servers
Roles and Responsibilities of DevOps Engineers
The roles and responsibilities of DevOps specialists mostly vary from business to business. However, their core responsibilities include:
- CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment):
DevOps specialists can design, develop, and manage CI/CD pipelines effortlessly. It helps to automate the developing and testing of a software system.
- Automate IaC:
DevOps engineers leverage Infrastructure as Code or IaC to seamlessly automate infrastructure management and provisioning. This minimizes the risk of errors and boosts scalability to enable smooth infrastructure across environments.
- Communication & Collaboration: Skilled DevOps engineers facilitate the process of collaboration and communication between development and operations. DevOps success key highly depends on better communication skills within the organizations.
- Tracking and Monitoring: DevOps professionals implement advanced monitoring solutions to thoroughly track the infrastructure and performance of the software. They are also responsible for effective and quick incident response that minimizes downtime.
- Security Integration: Security is one of the important aspects of DevOps. Skilled engineers effortlessly work to integrate the best security practices into the development pipelines. This ensures that the software applicationis secure.
Looking for DevOps Services?
We offer comprehensive DevOps services including CI/CD and automated testing for your business growth.
Why Should You Hire DevOps Developers?
Hiring a skilled team of DevOps engineers brings a number of benefits to any business. Here are some of the compelling reasons for hiring DevOps developers include:
- Faster time-to-market: Accelerated time-to-market is one of the major benefits of DevOps implementation. DevOps specialists streamline the entire process of development and allow businesses to release more features & updates.
- Enhanced Collaboration: DevOps integration development into IT operations. Skilled DevOps professionals improve cultural collaboration. This ensures that the DevOps team tirelessly works together to achieve goals.
- Improved Efficiency: Automation is one of the parts of DevOps. By automating repetitive processes & tasks, DevOps specialists improve overall efficiency, minimize errors, and allow teams to work on strategic initiatives.
- Increased Scalability:With IaC or infrastructure as code, DevOps professionals allow businesses to improve the infrastructure based on requirements. This level of flexibility is important to manage workloads & boost performance.
- Advanced Software:DevOps engineers facilitate automated quality assurance & continuous testing processes to develop high-quality software. This not only enhances customer satisfaction but also minimizes the risk of post-release challenges.
- Cost Savings:The upfront investment of advanced DevOps practices, saves costs in the long term. The automation and decreased post-released issues lead to cost-effective outcomes.
How to Hire Skilled DevOps Developers?
The process of hiring professional DevOps developers involves a number of steps. It ensures the successful management and implementation of your custom software development journey. Here is a quick steps guide to hiring DevOps engineers.
- Define Your Project Goals:Firstly, you need to define all your project needs, specific requirements & project scopes. You should also find the key areas where you need DevOps support solutions.
- Find Reliable Companies:Check websites, online forums, and networking events to find the best DevOps companies near you. Choose companies with excellent industry experience and a track record in sophisticated DevOps practices.
- Make a Shortlist:Once you find reliable DevOps companies, make a shortlist of the top names based on your project goals. You must review all credentials of the shortlisted DevOps companies carefully.
- Check Tech Skills:Evaluate the tech skills and knowledge of their professional DevOps engineers. Check their previous works & client reviews. You should also evaluate their portfolios and case studies for better understanding.
- Consider Your Budget:Consult with the bestDevOps company you hire regarding your budget. Accurate and transparent budget estimation not only saves implementation costs but also helps you save from additional expenses & budget overruns.
- Security Considerations: You must make sure that the company you hire adheres to the highest security standards. You need to verify the firm has the necessary measures that effectively protect sensitive data & information.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire DevOps Developers?
The charges of skilled DevOps engineers usually range from $20,000 to $80,000 per month. Technically, the cost of hiring skilled DevOps engineers varies depending on a number of factors such as experience levels, locations, skills, and more. Here we briefly discuss a few factors that significantly influence hiring costs:
- Experience Levels:
- Beginners: Entry-level or junior DevOps specialists with basic skills mostly charge $50,000 to $80,000 per year
- Mid-level engineers: The average salary range of mid-level DevOps specialists starts from $80,000 to $1,20,000 per year
- Senior engineers: Well-experienced & senior DevOps specialists with specialized skills mostly charge $1,20,000 to $2,00,000 per year.
Want to hire DevOps developers?
We help brands manage software delivery processes with our DevOps services and solutions.
- Geographical Locations
Developer’s locations significantly influence the cost of hiring DevOps professionals. Here is a table that outlines region-wise DevOps engineer hiring costs
- Tech Skills
Tech skills and specific domain knowledge highly influence the DevOps engineer hiring costs. DevOps professionals with high proficiency in advanced tools and technologies usually command more compensation than others.
- Project Complexity Levels
The size and complexity level of a project broadly influence the cost of hiring DevOps engineers or specialists. This is because DevOps projects with intricate requirements or larger infrastructures highly require huge technical expertise and advanced skills.
Hiring professional DevOps engineers is an important decision for businesses that want to streamline and optimize their operations seamlessly. A skilled team of DevOps experts not only enhances the efficiency of software development but also revolutionizes the way of product delivery. As modern technologies continue to expand, businesses that implement DevOps successfully will stay ahead of cutting-edge innovations in the dynamic business landscape.
What is a DevOps engineer?
DevOps engineers are skilled IT professionals and they are experts in development and operations including infrastructure management, system administration, automation, DevOps toolchains, coding, and so on. Key responsibilities of DevOps engineers include:
- Automating infrastructure through IaC or Python scripting
- Configuring and managing servers
- Developing and maintaining CI-CD pipelines
- Securing cloud services & servers
What are the 4 areas of DevOps?
DevOps combines software development with IT operations to enhance productivity and collaboration by managing workflows, automating infrastructure, and measuring the performance of applications continuously. The four major areas of DevOps include:
- Continuous integration
- Infrastructure as code
What are the six pillars of DevOps?
The six pillars of DevOps represent best practices and key principles that businesses must focus on for successful DevOps implementation. The six key pillars include:
- Collective Responsibility
- Integration & Collaboration
- Pragmatic Implementation
- Bridging Compliance
- Measure, Monitor, and Report
How many types of DevOps are there?
DevOps refers to a collaborative and cultural approach that combines development with IT operations to streamline the software development process. Some of the common types of DevOps models and frameworks include:
- CALMS Model
Site Reliability Engineering